Kids meals on Carnival Triumph

cruisegal96

Carnival's children's menu is presented in a small booklet with a packet of crayons.

Fresh Fruit Cocktail

Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwich

Hamburger - Cheeseburger

Chicken Nuggets

Hot Dog

Pepperoni Pizza - Cheese Pizza

French Fries

From the Captain's Sweet Treasure Chest

Chocolate Brownies

Ice Creams

Banana Split

Jello with Custard

Assorted Cookies

We were on the Carnival Glory in January and our 5 year old never ordered from the kids menu in the MDR - don't get me wrong: she got her fill of "kid food" at the buffet at lunchtime (pizza, chicken fingers, etc) but always ordered off the adult menu at dinner. She LOVED the shrimp cocktail starter, and the "Carnival classics" section of the menu has some good, fairly bland kid-friendly choices - the quarter chicken was great, and the salmon as well. You can also order sides of steamed veggies (usually broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) and steamed rice, which our 11 month old also enjoyed. Don't feel they have to use the kids menu if there's something on the adult menu that they would like - after all, you're paying for them to cruise too :)

Thanks so much!!! I'm glad to hear they can order off the adult menu too. My 5 year old is pretty picky too. She loves cheese pizza & chicken nuggets, but if she is getting those at lunch she would be happier with a steak for dinner. This will be an adventure since this is the first cruise where we have our daughter with us. Opens up a whole new list of cruise questions.

My 5 year old never even knew there was a kid's menu. He loved ordering from the regular menu, he felt so grown up. He tried all kinds of new things he might not have tried otherwise. He tried duck, various salads, red snapper, tomato soup, lobster, etc. He didn't come across anything that he didn't like, but then again he rarely does. In the month to two months before our cruise we would go on a website that had pictures of Carnival menus and food. We'd look at the menus and talk about what we might like and look at the pictures to see how "pretty" the food was. It got him really excited and it made him more knowledgeable at the dinner table. Here is the website:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/menus/CarnivalCruiseLineMenus.htm

I don't think I saw Mac and cheese on the kids menu on our last cruise. But, I know it was available just about every night. It was on the buffet at lunch too. DS (7) would rather have the grilled chicken or flat iron steak. He did order the chicken nuggets one night. DD (13) ordered mac & cheese as a side one night because she didn't like the potatos served with her entree.

I don't think I saw Mac and cheese on the kids menu on our last cruise. But, I know it was available just about every night. It was on the buffet at lunch too. DS (7) would rather have the grilled chicken or flat iron steak. He did order the chicken nuggets one night. DD (13) ordered mac & cheese as a side one night because she didn't like the potatos served with her entree.

Thanks. When we were on the Victory a couple years ago we (5 adults) all liked the mac&cheese from the childrens menu and each night the waiter brought us a big bowl of it to share.

Archived