Carnival Fantasy Review & Pics/ June 5th, 2010 Sailing

• 2 months later...

So glad to hear things are going better for you and the Andrew. I've been thinking of you often. I have you bookmarked mostly so I can go back every now and then and see my room. We'll be in U15 on Dec 3. Thanks for the update and have fun in Feb.!:)

So glad to hear things are going better for you and the Andrew. I've been thinking of you often. I have you bookmarked mostly so I can go back every now and then and see my room. We'll be in U15 on Dec 3. Thanks for the update and have fun in Feb.!:)

Aw thank you mamawsnest! I miss my porthole window. We may have to end up getting a true interior room for our Feb sailing which will be something new for us. All the portholes appear to be booked. :(

Let me know if you have any questions before you sail in Dec!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I have followed your review and I find it really interestinf! It's actually the best review I've ever read!!!!

My boyfriend and I are going on the Fantasy on December 3rd to the Bahamas, cabin M248. We're arriving in Charleston the day before (the 2nd). I booked the Embassy Suites near the airport, since they have a cruise package and the hotel seams nice, and the reviews are pretty good on TripAdvisor... Can you tell me about this hotel? What do you think of it? Have you heard good, or bad things about it?!

Thank you very much!!!

Genevieve

Hi! I have followed your review and I find it really interestinf! It's actually the best review I've ever read!!!!

My boyfriend and I are going on the Fantasy on December 3rd to the Bahamas, cabin M248. We're arriving in Charleston the day before (the 2nd). I booked the Embassy Suites near the airport, since they have a cruise package and the hotel seams nice, and the reviews are pretty good on TripAdvisor... Can you tell me about this hotel? What do you think of it? Have you heard good, or bad things about it?!

Thank you very much!!!

Genevieve

It is a nice hotel that is connected to the convention center. Across the street is the Tanger Outlets, Walmart and plenty of places to eat.

Have a great cruise.

Thank you very much!!!

Genevieve

Thank you for the wonderful compliment. We cant wait to cruise again. I am so jealous you leave so soon. You MUST have a drink of the day and raise your glass to me and the Andrew! :D

I agree with scchasgal. Embassy Suites is a wonderful hotel and in a very safe area. I hear they have a pretty decent bar onsite as well if you want to start a pre-cruise party!:p Lots of great restaurants near the Outlets.

Great thank you! I'm releived to know that a made a good choice!!! Thanks again! Cant wait for you to go back on a cruise and read one of your new and wonderful review!!!

Will definitely do another review. Might be travelling with additional companions this time so there will be a different dynamic. Same ports of call but different activities. Already planning even though nothing is booked yet. :o

• 3 weeks later...

Nancy, your review has been so very helpful to my fiance' and me.

We have never cruised before and had no idea what to expect. This had given us perspective and the ability to plan a bit better.

THANKS!! :)

I am very glad to hear that you and Andrew have a new home and that he's doing better.

Hoping you and the Andrew (the nickname cracks me up) will be on the 2/4/2012 cruise out of Charleston....would love to have a drink and chat!! :D

We have never cruised before and had no idea what to expect. This had given us perspective and the ability to plan a bit better.

I am very glad to hear that you and Andrew have a new home and that he's doing better.

Hoping you and the Andrew (the nickname cracks me up) will be on the 2/4/2012 cruise out of Charleston....would love to have a drink and chat!! :D

Thank you for your kind words and I am glad this was helpful for you guys. You will never ever forget your first cruise and your life will be consumed with planning for your next one. (That may be just me though. I am OBSESSED) :o

It appears that we are planning for perhaps a 2/25/12 sailing date since it will be our 8 year anniversary and the Andrew's 42nd birthday. So, we will have missed you by a couple of sailings. :( This will be the first cruise we book last minute (as soon as taxes come in) so I hope there are still cabins available when we finally get the money together. :eek:

I saw your review and as we just got off the Facsination(a younger sister to the Fantasy) and are thinking about the Fantasy for 2013 -Legend out of Tampa already booked for 2012. Some one had told us how great Grand Turk was along with Half Moon Cay and Nassau. Thought it would be interesting to sail from Charleston- and wow! what a thorough and wonderful review. I enjoyed your Key West experence(when we were there it was COLD) and loved the blues and greens of the waters in Nassau. We've been back for three weeks and I am so jonesing for another cruise. Your review could have been a book for the new traveler. Thanks. I was really impressed by the photo shots of the interior of the ship, so less neon than her sisters.

Edited by marshhawk

I saw your review and as we just got off the Facsination(a younger sister to the Fantasy) and are thinking about the Fantasy for 2013 -Legend out of Tampa already booked for 2012. Some one had told us how great Grand Turk was along with Half Moon Cay and Nassau. Thought it would be interesting to sail from Charleston- and wow! what a thorough and wonderful review. I enjoyed your Key West experence(when we were there it was COLD) and loved the blues and greens of the waters in Nassau. We've been back for three weeks and I am so jonesing for another cruise. Your review could have been a book for the new traveler. Thanks. I was really impressed by the photo shots of the interior of the ship, so less neon than her sisters.

Wow! What a wonderful compliment! Key West was so amazingly chill. We cant wait to go back so we are thinking of booking the same itinerary we took last time just to try something different.

We were interested in doing the 7 day out of Charleston but I believe it is later in the year and I just dont think we can wait that long. Although, Half Moon and Grand Turk are absolutely stunning. We sailed there on Triumph out of Miami in 2007 on a 7 day.

And this time around we definitely wont sail when there are tons of kids onboard. Even though it wasnt bad...the teens could be slightly annoying. I am still waiting for my kids to mature enough to bring them onboard...and they are 16 and 18 now.:p

Edit: I just realized I had seen your screen name before and I remember Stupid Bear from the cruising with stuffed animals thread. Such a touching story. Going to read your review now. :O)

And then I remembered I have already read your review as well! (brain dead). I remembered because I couldnt believe how rough the water was at Half Moon. Ok, I will get my head straight. More coffee.

Edited by All4fun&fun4all
I remembered who marshhawk was

We cruised the 7-day out of Charleston August 2011, and had a great cruise! :) HMC is stunning, and we had a great time snorkeling with Blue Water Divers in Grand Turk. Nassau is nothing special, but we had a nice beach day at the Sheraton on Cable Beach. i would cruise that itinerary on Fantasy again in a heartbeat if the price/dates worked for me. I LOVED cruising out of Charleston.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this review. I have sent it to all of my traveling companions and they are all reading it front to back as I did!

We will also be on the Feb 4th cruise... Excited to go out of Charleston this time. From Va it is a much easier drive then to Florida.

We typically book about a month ahead to get the best deals. I would suggest calling carnival directly that way you don't have to go through anyone and all of your paperwork gets completed in time.

Have a great time!

Thank you for this review. I have sent it to all of my traveling companions and they are all reading it front to back as I did!

We will also be on the Feb 4th cruise... Excited to go out of Charleston this time. From Va it is a much easier drive then to Florida.

We typically book about a month ahead to get the best deals. I would suggest calling carnival directly that way you don't have to go through anyone and all of your paperwork gets completed in time.

Have a great time!

Thank you so much for your advice. We typically book with our PVP so he will be ready! I just hope this sailing isnt so popular that it books solid before I can book it.

I am happy that folks are still enjoying our account of our trip. I cant wait to write another! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I was booking a cruise for Eddie and I today and I immediately thought of you two. As fellow Charlestonians, I have followed Andrew's progress and I am so happy to hear that he is doing well and that you have a new place! Your review really helped us plan a great time on the Fantasy last March. We thank you so much for your insight. We are going on the Monarch of the Seas in March. We sailed her in September and had a great time. I can't wait to hear about your next cruise adventure. I wanted to do the Fascination out of Jax, but it wasn't going out on the dates I put in to take off from work. Take care and tell Andrew hello for us and I'm glad all the Cruise Critic prayers were answered!

Belinda

Hey guys, I was booking a cruise for Eddie and I today and I immediately thought of you two. As fellow Charlestonians, I have followed Andrew's progress and I am so happy to hear that he is doing well and that you have a new place! Your review really helped us plan a great time on the Fantasy last March. We thank you so much for your insight. We are going on the Monarch of the Seas in March. We sailed her in September and had a great time. I can't wait to hear about your next cruise adventure. I wanted to do the Fascination out of Jax, but it wasn't going out on the dates I put in to take off from work. Take care and tell Andrew hello for us and I'm glad all the Cruise Critic prayers were answered!

Belinda

Thank you Belinda! We are looking to book this year. We really need to get away. Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of the house fire. It is crazy how fast that year went by. :o

Wow! I didn't realize it had been a year. Look how far you've come in that time. I really, really hope you get to take another cruise soon. You both deserve a little party on the high seas:p. Take care!

Belinda

I think we finally settled on March 23rd sailing. We wanted to go for the Feb 25th but someone at work scheduled her time off and I lost out. Got tax info in hand today and as soon as there is money in my bank I am BOOKING!!! YAY!

That year went by unbelievably fast. Hopefully a cruise will be good therapy for the Andrew. He still is struggling. :(

I think we finally settled on March 23rd sailing. We wanted to go for the Feb 25th but someone at work scheduled her time off and I lost out. Got tax info in hand today and as soon as there is money in my bank I am BOOKING!!! YAY!

That year went by unbelievably fast. Hopefully a cruise will be good therapy for the Andrew. He still is struggling. :(

Awesome that you and Andrew will be able to cruise soon!!! A trip will be wonderful therapy...sea air, sun, good food, adult beverages, laughs and great scenery. :D Very happy for you both and can't wait for another review from you! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome that you and Andrew will be able to cruise soon!!! A trip will be wonderful therapy...sea air, sun, good food, adult beverages, laughs and great scenery. :D Very happy for you both and can't wait for another review from you! :)

Thank you so much! There will be all of that and more I am sure! I will make sure to bring my journal and actually remember to write in it everyday instead of giving up on the third day. :p Ok, that's my goal at least. :rolleyes: