Group Embarkation

Skibum83

Hi-

I did a quick search, but I couldn't find a thread that really addressed this (although I'm sure it's buried somewhere) :-)

I'm going with a group of about 40 pax on the Carnival Triumph out of New Orleans later this year. As I've never cruised with a group before, I was wondering if embarkation works differently for us. Can we get early/priority embarkation?

Thoughts? Tips?

Thanks!

Hi-

I did a quick search, but I couldn't find a thread that really addressed this (although I'm sure it's buried somewhere) :-)

I'm going with a group of about 40 pax on the Carnival Triumph out of New Orleans later this year. As I've never cruised with a group before, I was wondering if embarkation works differently for us. Can we get early/priority embarkation?

Thoughts? Tips?

Thanks!

No you can not.. unless you are all VIP then you can board together 1st after the weddings parties and such.. other wise you all board at different times when you arrive at the port;) Just agree on a meeting place once you board!!

Not unless you know someone inside ...why would they let your party all go in front of the rest of the pax.

VIP and platinum in your party will be allowed to get their cards in a special room that is set up just to let them get their cards. We had OJ and lemonaide and chocolate chip cookies in the room while we waited. Its just for VIP and platinum though, no one else's card will be there.

haha. ok.

excuse my ignorance, but what defines a VIP (or is this one of those "if you have to ask..."?

VIP is designated by either having booked a suite or being Platinum (10 cruises on Carnival).

Archived