Princess does not recognize me as a past cruiser

galliegirlie

I just booked my 2nd Princess on their website last night. I cruised on the Sapphire Princess to Alaska back in 2007. However, my account on the Princess website does not recognize me as a past cruiser. I can not even find an option that allows me to modify my status, and I have no clue what my member ID is (I can't find my cruise paperwork from 3 years ago). Does anyone know how painfull the Princess hotline number is to get this fixed? I'm worried that I missed out on better pricing for the cruise I just booked, due to the fact they did not recognize me as a Gold member. If they are able to get to modify my status and I find out that there could have been better pricing, do you think they will honor the discount and credit my account for any difference? Has anyone had this experience before?

Do you remember the email address and password you signed in to access your Princess Personalizer for your last cruise? If you do, your past passenger number will be listed there. If you can not, just call Princess and they will be able to help you out with this and give you your past passenger number.

This happened when my Dad booked his third cruise on Princess. It was quickly taken care of when I called the Princess number. My Dad did not have his member number. They just verified his address and phone.

I just booked my 2nd Princess on their website last night. I cruised on the Sapphire Princess to Alaska back in 2007. However, my account on the Princess website does not recognize me as a past cruiser. I can not even find an option that allows me to modify my status, and I have no clue what my member ID is (I can't find my cruise paperwork from 3 years ago). Does anyone know how painfull the Princess hotline number is to get this fixed? I'm worried that I missed out on better pricing for the cruise I just booked, due to the fact they did not recognize me as a Gold member. If they are able to get to modify my status and I find out that there could have been better pricing, do you think they will honor the discount and credit my account for any difference? Has anyone had this experience before?

I did have this problem. I called the Captains Circle number and they took the time (and it was some time) to find me, and my number. I did know the date and ship of my last sailing with Princess and that helped a lot.

Be persistant. Once I was registered properly, the promptly re-fared my cruise. All of this happened in August of 2008 for a July 09 sailing. In December of 08 the prices for previous cruisers made this weird and mysterious 48 hour drop, and it was only for my CC # and not my husband's. We called and refared (no probelm) and saved thousands! I will never be able to explain it, but I am so glad I took the time to take care of my CC status...:)

Hang in there, call the Captain Club rep to help you out.

My HB and I had a number of cruises with Princess. They had my hb's total # cruises right and mine wrong. I had my TA send them a list of all cruises thinking this would correct problem, it didn't. Next time I was on board worked with a Captain Club rep who took the time to correct the records. Found even then it was not totally corrected. Followup on a subsequent cruise again. Turned out they listed my cruises under various miss spellings of my last name. They finally assigned me a new number and allocated the correct number of cruises.

I did have this problem. I called the Captains Circle number and they took the time (and it was some time) to find me, and my number. I did know the date and ship of my last sailing with Princess and that helped a lot.

Be persistant. Once I was registered properly, the promptly re-fared my cruise. All of this happened in August of 2008 for a July 09 sailing. In December of 08 the prices for previous cruisers made this weird and mysterious 48 hour drop, and it was only for my CC # and not my husband's. We called and refared (no probelm) and saved thousands! I will never be able to explain it, but I am so glad I took the time to take care of my CC status...:)

Thank you all everyone. I will call to get it cleared up. Sounds like Princess needs to get a tighter reign on their tracking system.

This happened to me with my last cruise and it turned out that I had used a previous email address to log in to Princess website on my previous cruises. Princess actually called me to find out why I had not cruised in awhile and when I mentioned that I was booked for a cruise the nice lady who called me figured it all out and go everything set up correctly.

Thank you all everyone. I will call to get it cleared up. Sounds like Princess needs to get a tighter reign on their tracking system.

It's really not a matter of Princess to blame. The system is obviously computerized. If there is a slight adjustment to your name (maybe a middle initial or a mispelling or whatever), the computer will put both names in the data base. We had such an issue with my husband's name. Just a slight difference and you become 2 people. Differences in other identifiers (e-mail, phone etc.) may also cause a problem depending on how their database is set up. They have millions of people in their data base, and there's certain to be occasional duplicates and errors. Whatever is the cause, it is easily fixed with a simple phone call. They have very nice, knowledgable people who will be glad to help you.

Archived