Marco Pierre White on Ventura

DebJef

I am surprised that I can find few comments in the Ventura reviews about the White Room. No one appears to rave about it. What can we expect? What's the menu like? Will I be able to book a table once on board (it seems I can't book online in advance). Is the menu wide enough to warrant a second trip (we're only on a 7 day cruise!) All info gratefully received!

hiya,

tbh wasn,t mad about it, it was just ok, the service was great, nice room, just wasn,t mad over the small menu. we were on the ship for 14 nights, and i think in that time the menu changed 2 or 3 times. each menu ran for so many days, and the menus are usually placed outside the restaurant, so its probably better to book on the night of your preferred menu.

we were able to book before boarding, but in hindsight, i would wait now until i had seen the menus first, as the previous days menu were more to my choice. also didn,t help that i was also starting a cold the night of going in there, so i didn,t feel 100%. Family that were also with us, really enoyed their food, but we all said the meals in the main restaurants were just as good.

Basically we all wanted to try it, enjoyed it, but not enough to want to go back there again.

next time on Ventura, think we will give East a go.

also ramblas has a small menu, think we has 2 starters and a main course for approx £5, i have a real weakness for garlic prawns, and theres were lovely.

We've been on each of our 2 Ventura cruises, and enjoyed the experience- last week MPW was on board, and dashing in and out of the kitchen. The flavours of the food were exceptional, although some were novel to us, not being great diners, but great to try. The extras, such as damsons in white wine, and gazpacho, were pleasing.

You can book on boarding....up the gangway, into the atrium on 5, and there's a table set up for bookings for White's and East - another place we enjoyed.

Jo.

I am surprised that I can find few comments in the Ventura reviews about the White Room. No one appears to rave about it. What can we expect? What's the menu like? Will I be able to book a table once on board (it seems I can't book online in advance). Is the menu wide enough to warrant a second trip (we're only on a 7 day cruise!) All info gratefully received!

Hi there

We have eaten in "The White Room " several times and have thoroughly enjoyed it. The food is superb. Menu's vary and are rotated ie. on our last cruise there were 2 different menu's and they were rotated. On our first cruise we really liked the menu and ate their 4 times in 14 nights! However on our last cruise we were'nt so keen on the menu's so we only ate there once!!!!!!! The upside to this was that we decided to try "East" as we had heard really good reviews of it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Probably enjoyed "East" even more than "The White Room"!!!!

Personally if I were on a 7 seven night cruise then I would eat once at each.

Booking wise - we never ever had a problem, even booking last minute (most of the speciality restaurants seem quite - I think the recession may have something to do with it, it definately can't be the food!) However I do believe demand is higher on a 7 day cruise as the cover charge is higher than on a 14 day cruise - I believe it is £25 pp for the white room and £20pp for east. On our last cruise there were lots of special offers and cheaper deals to be had. So keep an eye out for these. Booking is easy just phone the restaurant or call in person. Menu's are displayed outside the restaurant.

HTH

Sue

We celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary in the White Room. It was absolutely gorgeous, definitely the best meal I have ever had anywhere. When we were onboard, it was cheaper if you went earlier, so we went at 7 pm, and the meal finished around 9.30. Well worth every penny extra.

Just back from NO15 and went to White Room last Tuesday - first day of menu 2. We booked as soon as we boarded and both menus were on display, we preferred the second.

Service and food were excellent - you get more food than the menu as additional courses are served.

The big difference is the food is obviously cooked to order for you rather than being produced in the huge industrial kitchens and plated on a production line.

Last time I was in the Criterion the 3 course lunch was about £30 - £25 for a MPW evening meal is a bargain. It is cheaper if you book for a table at 6 or 6.30pm.

I was on Ventura in January and they some special deals for the White Room and East. If you booked to be seated before 6:30 it was approx. half price. I ate 3 times in each and once in Ramblas. Overall I preferred the menus in East but did enjoy the White Room as well. I thought it was well worth the extra money as I didn't find the main dining room menus very appealing.

Archived