st martin excursion...8:45 port time is what ship time?

if someone has an excursion that starts 8:45 PORT TIME.....what would the ship time be? oh this is in st. martin this july......
If the ship is leaving out of San Juan, which is on the same time as St. Maartin, they will be the same. If it's leaving out of Florida, it's up to the captain whether ship's time gets changed to match local.

Don't worry about any time changes! Bring a watch. Whatever time the ship's clocks say it is, it is! Set your watch to ship's time, and you cannot go wrong. (o not use your cell phone...it will automatically give you island time). If you're paying for some private excursion, show up at ship's time...that's all you need to do.

Don't worry about any time changes! Bring a watch. Whatever time the ship's clocks say it is, it is! Set your watch to ship's time, and you cannot go wrong. (o not use your cell phone...it will automatically give you island time). If you're paying for some private excursion, show up at ship's time...that's all you need to do.
Why do you keep giving out this lame advice? There are many valid reasons to have to know what time it is on shore as well as what it is on the ship.

There are many valid reasons .

Such as? It isn't lame advice, it's good advice. Every private excursion we've been on (a lot) has used ship time. Keeping your watch on ship time is the best thing to do, since after all that's what they'll use to determine when they depart.:rolleyes:

thanks for all your replies. i always cruise in december and at that time when you cruise from florida....there is a 1 hour time difference and this particular excursion always refers to PORT time.

i am actually asking because as part of their wedding gift....i gave my son and future daughter in law my favorite excursion in st. martin (capt alan's) and i didn't want to give them the wrong advice:D

thanks for all your replies. i always cruise in december and at that time when you cruise from florida....there is a 1 hour time difference and this particular excursion always refers to PORT time.

i am actually asking because as part of their wedding gift....i gave my son and future daughter in law my favorite excursion in st. martin (capt alan's) and i didn't want to give them the wrong advice:D

You might want to bookmark this. It looks like from 2010-2019 there will be no difference in time between the US and St. Maarten if I am reading correctly. So ship and port time should be the same.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=1315

Why do you keep giving out this lame advice? There are many valid reasons to have to know what time it is on shore as well as what it is on the ship.

I agree with you Mark K. When I read their advice I was thinking, *****?

And I've never been on a private excursion where ship time differed from local time and the excursion outfit used ship time.

And I've been on PLENTY to include taking a plane to another island to dive and chartering a 23 pass. minibus.

Archived