Portofino new menu questions

If anyone has the current menu for Portofino and is willing to post it, we'd be most appreciative. Is the cost still $20 p/p (+ optional tip)?

I posted it on page 1.

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt203/johnalansl/IMGP4425.jpg

Some people have said that they have been served the old menu recently so ymmv.

The new menu is really not a step up. Several favorites on the starters and mains have been deleted. The crostini is really just average: it's spread on bread (to be exact, I think we had a bit of duck on one, bruschetta on another, melted mozzeralla on another, and eggplant mash on another). They were extremely strict on our FOS and IOS cruises, telling us how we could order: ie, one starter, one per due per 2 people, only. Mushroom pasta now an entree that will be charged extra for. again, ymmv.

Here's a picture of the dessert sampler we had on Radiance the end of April. Yummmyyy!!! :)

IMG_1802HDTV1080.jpg

This was exactly what was offered last March (2009) when we dined in Portofino. I did not care for ANY of the desserts. The main dinner was amazing, but I still prefer the Chocolate Mud Cake from Chops!

When we were on Indy in January, I ordered Tiramisu for dessert and my husband ordered the dessert sampler.

My Tiramisu (which was delicious) was served in a "shell" handcrafted out of white and dark chocolate (no Bailey's and no raspberries). My husband's Tiramisu which was part of his sampler, was the exact same portion size as mine. His other "samples" seemed to be pretty full-size to me, too. If I had any idea the portions would be so large, I would have ordered the "sampler" for myself.

Seems like there is a little room for variance among the ships!

The crostini is really just average: it's spread on bread (to be exact, I think we had a bit of duck on one, bruschetta on another, melted mozzeralla on another, and eggplant mash on another). They were extremely strict on our FOS and IOS cruises, telling us how we could order: ie, one starter, one per due per 2 people, only. Mushroom pasta now an entree that will be charged extra for. again, ymmv..

we had the Crostini on LOS in May and had a marinated tuna w/fresh bruschetta, and eggplant stew, and duck and truffle pate. I wouldn't call it mash or spread. Again, personal prefrence.

Also, had fresh berries with a marscopne cream on the sampler, in place of that white cup in the picture.

The new Portofino menu has been out for at least 11 months now so I don't think they have a dedicated menu changes person.

That's definitely varied by ship.... We had the old menu on Serenade in January and on Radiance in April...

I know it's personal taste, but I'm very disappointed in the new menu and probably won't go to Portofino if this is what they're serving. I absolutely LOVE the Gorgonzola Salad on the old menu, it was worth going to Portofino for it alone. It'll be Chops for me from now on....

When we were on Indy in January, I ordered Tiramisu for dessert and my husband ordered the dessert sampler.

My Tiramisu (which was delicious) was served in a "shell" handcrafted out of white and dark chocolate (no Bailey's and no raspberries). My husband's Tiramisu which was part of his sampler, was the exact same portion size as mine. His other "samples" seemed to be pretty full-size to me, too. If I had any idea the portions would be so large, I would have ordered the "sampler" for myself.

Seems like there is a little room for variance among the ships!

Here's the dessert we had in February on the Radiance at the Mystery Dinner @ Portofinos.

IMG_1084-1-1.jpg

I posted it on page 1.

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt203/johnalansl/IMGP4425.jpg

Some people have said that they have been served the old menu recently so ymmv.

The new menu is really not a step up. Several favorites on the starters and mains have been deleted. The crostini is really just average: it's spread on bread (to be exact, I think we had a bit of duck on one, bruschetta on another, melted mozzeralla on another, and eggplant mash on another). They were extremely strict on our FOS and IOS cruises, telling us how we could order: ie, one starter, one per due per 2 people, only. Mushroom pasta now an entree that will be charged extra for. again, ymmv.

Thank you for the site and I apologize for not seeing it earlier. You are most kind to post it again.

Thank you very much :-)

Have a happy day & safe sails whenever and wherevere!

We are going on the Mariner this Sunday. We have pre-paid for Portofino. If it is the new menu:( do you think they will let us transfer the $ paid to Chops and just pay the $5 pp difference? I can't imagine not getting the chocolate flourless cake in Portofino:eek:.

We are going on the Mariner this Sunday. We have pre-paid for Portofino. If it is the new menu:( do you think they will let us transfer the $ paid to Chops and just pay the $5 pp difference? I can't imagine not getting the chocolate flourless cake in Portofino:eek:.

You have 24 hours before your reservation to cancel, and they will credit your shipboard account. Should not be a problem.

Yes!!! It is good but unfortunatley I had this on the old menu. Cannot seem to get a feel for wether it is still on at Port's or not :confused:

Patty

Hum... I will look for it in August. It looks better than what I had before. What was it called?

The Crostini is fantastic!!! The prosciutto salad was also very good. The bread still comes to the table. I think the new menu is a real step up, It just depends personal preferences. Give it a try, hope you enjoy it!

What else was in the prosciutto salad?

Hum... I will look for it in August. It looks better than what I had before. What was it called?

This was the Tiramisu dessert and it was full size a Portofino's. From what this thread reads it is still there. Loved Port's just wish they didn't change the menu. O drats!!!! :eek:

On Radiance in May, still had new menu and flourless chocolate cake, thank goodness. Also, able to get sm portion of pasta as side, no problem. Do not like new menu choices and hope this is not fleet wide or our 2-3 nights per cruise in Portofino's will be ending. Now that would be a shame. If they really want to change a menu, they need to change the wine dinner menu, was good for a while but really tired of it now and will question the additional expense of it next time. Bon appetite!

What else was in the prosciutto salad?

I think it was served on arugula and had green apples and fresh mozarella and prosciutto. The dressing was a vinegerette that was a nice finish. I had the grilled seafood skewer, minus the salmon doubled the lobster.

I honestly can't compare this to the "old menu". We had only eaten at Portofino once on the Mariner back in 2005. It was bad and we had not been back since. We had always eaten at Chops at least two nights on every cruise. This May we gave it another try and enjoyed it very much. So again, I can't compare this to the "old menu". Just the "old, old, menu"! :p

Archived