Are some cabins only available for booking by phone?

I've checked several online sites and even Carnival's and I cannot get a specific cabin on the Miracle sailing to come up and for another cruise I'm considering I cannot get the OV aft cabins to come up (Imagination). Why? I would really prefer not to talk to a live person, lol.

The CCL pvps do have access to cabins that do not show on their site. The site only shows so many at one time. When we booked our Legend cruise, we wanted an 8D mid-ship on the Empress deck and only the Verandah forward and aft 8D's were reflected on the site. I called CCL and there were plenty to choose from mid ship on the Empress deck. We ended up using the CCL pvp and we have been very pleased.

Good luck to you. :)

When I was looking into our upcoming cruise, I checked on a few sites, including Carnival's and our 9C (aft wrap) wasn't available on any of them. When i called Carnival to book, the PVP told me it was available--I was pleasantly surprised and snapped it up! We've never had an aft wrap and can't wait. :D

Usually you have to call for Handicapped rooms also. They then send you paperwork to fill out and fax back in.

If a handicap room is available online would a person who booked this online have to fill out paperwork too?

What is involved in this?

I've checked several online sites and even Carnival's and I cannot get a specific cabin on the Miracle sailing to come up and for another cruise I'm considering I cannot get the OV aft cabins to come up (Imagination). Why? I would really prefer not to talk to a live person, lol.

I hate talking to the CSR's as well. Just tell me how much the <> cabin costs. They have their 18 thousand cabin designations and thats fine. Just dont play games. I feel that the only way I can get the best deal/cabin is to talk w/someone, a travel agent or cruise rep. With RC I can just click on the category inside, outside, balcony, suite and then each category comes up with the seperate price listed.

The only reason to have to ever book by phone is for an accessable and or family cabin.

If a handicap room is available online would a person who booked this online have to fill out paperwork too?

What is involved in this?

You will probably never see it online. Too many people were booking them without cause because they wanted more space. The form is one page and asks for details about wheelchair/scooter size, needed equipment, etc. There are actually 2 levels of accessibility. Modified has a wider door, a 3" lip (instead of 6") on the bathroom, and a fold down shower seat. The fully modified has a wider door, almost no lip on the bathroom, a fold down shower seat, and should be a little larger-especially the bathroom. We were on the Ecstasy with my sister's family several weeks ago. We both had ocean view rooms. Ours was modified. There was no difference in the size of the rooms.

Yes to both questions above.

We booked a RCCL AOS cruise deck 8 aft corner after we called to see what was available since they do not show all available cabins. Lucked out on that one.

We had a deck 8 aft end port side HC (balcony is close to 25 feet long) on the Spirit for our son. You can see them on the deck plans as they are the last balcony cabins either side on the aft inset part of the ship. The cabin directly in front (google Spirit cabin 7258) are not HC but still have the 25 foot balcony. When we called for our Hawaii cruise it was not available on-line but when we asked the PVP for the specific cabin it was available so be booked on the spot.

Archived