I blew my surprise - told DH about our spa suite!

erdoran

He was drooling over the video of the spa suite (Christmas sailing) and about suite perks and talking about how if we ever won the lottery (shorthand for I wish I could but shouldn't/really can't spend the $$) he'd do a suite....and I couldn't stand it so I blew it and told him that I had booked one for Christmas and it was already paid for, non-refundable and so he's stuck! :> I wish I had a camera for the look on his face--total shock but in a good way. After he got done complaining about the cost and extravagance, he got into hearing about suite perks again and admitted how it might be really, really great between courtyard, cake & milk in the room every night, in-room dining, etc, etc.....

I wish I had waited though....

the video of the room looks MUCH smaller than the renderings and I've noticed that there is no table & chairs in the room! Plus the window by the tub is frosted I think. Oh well, I'll find out this week how it really looks and how to manage in-room dining with the tiny balcony table!

I am concerned that all the cabins look much smaller than the renderings. I'm waiting anxiously to see photos or a video of the deluxe balcony cabin which we have booked. The standard balcony cabin looks incredibly small and cramped - made worse by the curved walls, I think. There seems to be very little room between the bed and the sofa and the opposite wall of the cabin.

I am concerned that all the cabins look much smaller than the renderings. I'm waiting anxiously to see photos or a video of the deluxe balcony cabin which we have booked. The standard balcony cabin looks incredibly small and cramped - made worse by the curved walls, I think. There seems to be very little room between the bed and the sofa and the opposite wall of the cabin.

I agree all the cabins look small. Interesting and nice color scheme, but small. Even the sink is small! There is a pic of a man sitting on the sofa (link is on a different thread), and the wall is literally right in front of him. No room for a coffee table in front of the sofa like on most ships.

The Deluxe Balcony cabin will be slightly longer, but unfortunately no wider.

Ernie

Yes. I've just been comparing the cabin size with the mini suite I had on the Caribbean Princess in 2007 (the Epic's deluxe balcony cabins are due to be reclassified as mini suites next year). The Princess cabins are much larger. I've also looked again at the Epic renderings and they are seriously misleading about the amount of space between the bed and sofa and the opposite wall.

I agree all the cabins look small. Interesting and nice color scheme, but small. Even the sink is small! There is a pic of a man sitting on the sofa (link is on a different thread), and the wall is literally right in front of him. No room for a coffee table in front of the sofa like on most ships.

The Deluxe Balcony cabin will be slightly longer, but unfortunately no wider.

Ernie

I saw that picture too. He was sipping on a cup of coffee, and it appeared that his knees were only a foot or two from the cabinets across from him! I think this is one cruise when I'm going to spend as little time in the room as humanly possible.

Archived