Anyone waiting to book their next cruise until the oil is contained??

luv2gonow

Hi,

I love to plan vacations....half the fun for me. I was thinking of an Alaskan cruise next year summer for my 40th birthday. That plan still works.

Then I wanted to add either feb break or april break for a cruise. I love the caribbean but who knows where the oil is going and when it will stop.

Has anyone altered there planning like me to see if anyone gets a handle on this spill:confused:

K

I'm trying to decide between Galveston and New Orleans for a cruise next spring.

But it has nothing to do with oil...

The only thing I am waiting for is to get enough money in my bank account..

;) I hear ya....

I recently found my love of cruising though and Vacation Is my favorite thing on the planet. Well.....the ocean really is actually and that is why i love cruising. Being in the middle of it and all of it's magnificance is truly inspiring to me.

But....If i was in oil patches and going to ruined beach areas.....it would be way to depressing to me.:(

But....If i was in oil patches and going to ruined beach areas.....it would be way to depressing to me.:(

I hope there are more like you, so my prices drop. I cruised out of New Orleans last month, booked last minute, and it never even crossed my mind to worry about the oil, .... until I came to CC afterwards and read others were worried.

Here is for hoping for some price drops. So far my next one, Crazies Sept 26th, no price drops ...but if there is another last minute deal out of Mobile, New Orleans or Galveston ... I am so there.

Nope Ive cruised in hurricaines, storms, oil wont stop me. I have seen how well the cruiselines re-route you and ensure your safety. It never crossed my mind and I just booked an Oct cruise out of tampa. The price was outstanding so I am guessing others may be waiting.

Do your own reserach, the oil is flowing north, not SOUTH towards the caribbean. It is hurting 9badly) the gulf coast and will probably impact southern Florida in the days to come....not to the same degree. But when it comes solely (note, I said solely) to planning a cruise, this is NOT a chicken little the sky is falling scenario for cruisers

The ocean is very big, and the area affected by oil is comparatively small. Ships can change course to avoid it. I would not let that be a factor in a cruise decision, unless it threatened to close a port (which is not happening.)

if they put enough people on the job and quit acting like it is a hazardous waste product they can get the oil cleaned up. when i worked for oil company we used to look forward to oilspills it would mean lots of overtime and if cleaned up right no telling the oil was ever there. Take the cruise and enjoy.:)

I hope there are more like you, so my prices drop. I cruised out of New Orleans last month, booked last minute, and it never even crossed my mind to worry about the oil, .... until I came to CC afterwards and read others were worried.

Here is for hoping for some price drops. So far my next one, Crazies Sept 26th, no price drops ...but if there is another last minute deal out of Mobile, New Orleans or Galveston ... I am so there.

Amen sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last year, due to the swine flu fiasco, we were able to get a 7 day cruise out of NOLA for $200pp tax inclusive. I sincerely hope that there are more like the OP also!!!!!

We're cruising out of Mobile on 9/16 and so far no price drops but I have some idea that there may be after final payment is due. Ignorance will cause some to cancel thinking that they are somehow going to have their entire vaca ruined by the oil. In this particular instance, I say, BRING ON THE IGNORANCE!!!!! Please!!!!!!!

To answer the OP, in case you weren't already able to ascertain the answer already...heck no, it's not going to cause me to change plans now or in the future!!! I know for a fact that Carnival is either going to sail around it, or worse case scenario, they refund my money, I book elsewhere, no harm, no foul.

I am just back from Cedar Key, Florida. That is a lovely fishing village about a 100 miles north of Tampa. There was no oil. We heard the oil hit Panama City today. There has been mobilization of volunteers..and word that some skimmers from the Dutch and such will come. Cities and citizens are doing what they can on their own.

The currents are such that the Oil may skip the West side of Fl..hit the East side..or go up and Hit the Eastern Seaboard. If so...Washington D.C and NYC might be hit

In Cedar Key..this morning..A beautiful rainbow.:).you could see the entire arch over the little bay that leads to Cedar Key. It was lovely. A rainbow is a promise from God. I pray it was a promise to Not let the Oil hurt Florida.though I am not trying to read God's mind.

Right now......Florida is NOT impacted. Except for the Panama City..Pensacola area.

Nope...I'm going North this fall. :D. Hopefully, everything will be under control by next spring when I travel South. My heart goes out to those immediately affected by this fiasco. Darn it BP....get your act together. :mad:.

Hi,

I love to plan vacations....half the fun for me. I was thinking of an Alaskan cruise next year summer for my 40th birthday. That plan still works.

Then I wanted to add either feb break or april break for a cruise. I love the caribbean but who knows where the oil is going and when it will stop.

Has anyone altered there planning like me to see if anyone gets a handle on this spill:confused:

K

 would never let that stop me. And tge dh.

Right now, no cruises are affected by the spill. In the future, to avoid any problems just avoid the Northern and Western Gulf ports (Galveston, New Orleans, and Mobile) if you're concerned about it. Watch the currents, and it's not hard to figure out where the oild will go if it goes anywhere.

Amen sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last year, due to the swine flu fiasco, we were able to get a 7 day cruise out of NOLA for $200pp tax inclusive. I sincerely hope that there are more like the OP also!!!!!

You did way better than I did. I paid more than $300 pp ... but still its the cheapest 7 day Iv ever done.

I keep hoping to see some super deals from bookings dropping but just dont see it.

Hi,

K

We are going to do what we would do, oil or not, life is too short to wait for things to change, should we have to deal with it, we will when that time comes, some (not saying you) want to see the negative, there are things you can change and those you cant change...I look at the positive of life

You did way better than I did. I paid more than $300 pp ... but still its the cheapest 7 day Iv ever done.

I keep hoping to see some super deals from bookings dropping but just dont see it.

Final payment for my cruise is due in July. I have some idea that we'll see some price drops after that time as people are likely waiting until the last minute to "see what happens". I hope 75% of the ship cancels, IMHO. That's what happened last year when we got the $200pp rate. I'd be perfectly ok with a week vs. 4 days :D

We have one this year at the end of July. Will have one around that time next year. No change of plans due to oil in our future. We'll continue with our FL land vacation for the kids and our couples cruise just like always.

Archived