Chinese visa

pridepark

We are doing RCI Hong kong to Beijing cruise on 17th september 2010 can anyone tell me if I need a double or multi entry visa for this cruise. Visa companies are saying double entry probably but check with your cruise line, which I did and they were very unhelpful saying they do not get involved with visas. My travel agent is also passing the buck. Has anyone done this cruise that can tell me, as I have heard that people have been put off ships because the did not have the right visas.

You need to be more specific as to your itinerary. If you are visiting more than one port you would need a multi entry visa. Hong Kong is excluded.

There are many visa services to contact on the phone who can help you with this.

I am suprised that your TA doesn't help get your question answered.

Keith

Look at your itinerary. If you enter China, then leave China and enter another country, then re-enter China, you will need a multi-entry visa. For example, you fly to Beijing and sail from there. Next stop is Japan. After that you call on Shanghai. In this case you need a multi-entry visa.

Not sure if it's the same from Britain, but from the US, I had to have a visa for every entry into China from another country. I cruised round-trip Beijing, and needed a two-visa package. (Arriving Beijing; cruise went to So. Korea and returned to China...2nd entry).

You have to count the number of "entries" into the country overall to determine the visa requirements.

Hope this helps!

Paul ;)

Get a DOUBLE ENTRY visa. They are currently the same price as a single entry visa for US passport holders.

You will NOT be able to get a MULTIPLE ENTRY (more than 2 entries) visa unless you have family in China or have sponsor letters for a multiple entry business visa. Please don't confuse the two. The cruise lines do not schedule port stops that would require a MULTIPLE entry visa as only business people and those with family who will sponsor the visa can get them.

Archived