How do I change "anytime dining"

luv2scrapdeb

When first booking our cruise on the Island Princess for August I requested "anytime dining". I would like to further look into this and then maybe change. How do I do this? I can't find where to bring that up on my Cruise Personalizer

You would have to call Princess or your TA.

It cannot be done after the booking process is complete on the Princess website.

Although you can not change it online, this late in the game I will be surprised if Traditional dining is still an option for you. Many cruises, traditional must be reserved many months before your cruise or it fills up and you will be placed on a waitlist. Limited seating in traditional.

It is always easier to switch from traditional to anytime later on then the other way around.

But you can give Princess a call and check, just to see if there are still any openings in traditional dining left, but don't be surprised if they tell you there are none. Best of luck!

If you don't clear the wait list, as soon as you board, find out when the maitre-d is available to change dining arrangements, and get there early (because the wait to see him can be hours if a lot of people wish to change). Not the ideal way to spend the first few hours of your cruise, but if having traditional dining is important to you, then it's worth it.

Alternatively, see if the maitre-d will allow you to make a standing reservation in the anytime room for the same table/waiters at the same time. This would simulate the traditional dining experience when you have anytime. Just note that although most people here on Cruise Critic are able to do that, we had a very hardnose maitre-d on our Caribbean Princess cruise two years ago that would not allow this. To get around that, we were first in line when the dining room opened, and then had our choice of seats so we could choose the same table/waiter and make it feel the same as traditional dining.

Archived