Bringing Non-alcoholic Beverages Aboard

If anyone recently has done this please advise. I am thinking about bringing a case of water and 2-4pks of monster in a duffel bag with our room number on and checking it in with our luggage. I read that after June 1st it wasnt going to be allowed anymore but does anyone have firsthand knowledge of what is happening. We will going of the explorer on thurs and would appreciate any information.

It was not "allowed" in the first place. The website merely updated to reflect the policy because people were complaining.

It still is not allowed. Reports in from the weekend sailings suggest, however, they are cracking down big time.

We did not carry on that much, but we did take two water bottles (bottles are nice for excursions, while on the ship I drank ship water), two containers of cranberry juice and a six pack of Dr. pepper. No one said a word.

We bought more Dr. Pepper and some Coke Zero at the Walmart in Puerto Vallarta and no issue there either.

We have just returned from Indie and I took 2 bottles of orange squash (the type you dilute with water) in my hand luggage. The hand luggage was scanned but they didn't even bother to open my bag to look at the bottles.

i have not heard of anyone being denied brining water aboard. Many complaints about being denied bringing alcohol aboard. Thanks for the replies and i guess i will try and see what happens....the worst that could happen is i'm out a case of water and some energy drinks. I soooooooo excited about sailing the Explorer of the Seas she is a magnificent ship.

I get so annoyed when people say "just slap a luggage tag on it!" because we followed that advice in Port Canaveral and the porter wouldn't take it because it wasn't in luggage. We had to carry it on :mad:

If you want to bring it, put it in a bag with handles that the luggage folks can sling around.

There's truly no need to bring a bunch of water...the ship's water is fine, and probably purer than what you're paying for.

If you want to bring it, put it in a bag with handles that the luggage folks can sling around.

There's truly no need to bring a bunch of water...the ship's water is fine, and probably purer than what you're paying for.

Like cb at sea says, there is really no need to bring a case of bottled water onboard, if you want water for excursions just bring one refillable plastic bottle for each person and fill with the ship's water. Not only is it more environmentally friendly, you will have no trouble with porters, leakage, theft etc.

The way some of the bags get tossed into the bins I know I don't want my suitcase next to a duffle bag full of thin plastic water bottles or soda cans, think about it people, any leakage or spray will get on ALL the bags in that bin not and just ruin the duffle bag the liquid is in!!:mad:

RCI has been telling people no water, no soda for a couple of years now and no one ever paid attention (lots still don't-apparently since it's not written in the CONTRACT some folks choose not to follow what they are told by RCI) nor did RCI do much in he way of enforcement at the pier, but that seems to have changed now.

Excellent suggestion on bringing refillable water bottles on board...can these refillable bottles be used to fill iced tea and lemonade,if so, where.

You can get glasses of ice tea or lemonade at the Windjammer then just pour the liquid into your refillable bottle. This is the preferred method for refilling water as well-dispense water from the spigot in the Windjammer into a plastic drinking glass then transfer the water into the bottle. This method ensures the spigot does not come into contact with the bottle which may not be sterile!

Have a great cruise!

is the windjammer and the promande cafe the only places to get self serve drinks.....on the DCL they had dispensers near the pool areas

I see that you are still on Cruise Critic! Are you all packed? ;) :)

The Windjammer is just a few steps from the pool deck. You *do* have to go there for the lemonade and iced tea. (if they still have them; some people are reporting "flavored waters" on board)

The bars will give you glasses of ice water - just ask. And there are lots of bars. :D

I get so annoyed when people say "just slap a luggage tag on it!" because we followed that advice in Port Canaveral and the porter wouldn't take it because it wasn't in luggage. We had to carry it on :mad:

I guess it depends on the porter then........I "slapped a luggage tag on" a case of water at PC as I had read it here and the porter took it with no problem. I did tip her immediately before she ever touched any luggage though. It was outside my cabin door by 3pm

I seen other cases of water out in the hallways with luggage tags "slapped on it" too :p

Seems to be plenty of "they are cracking down posts" after June 1 but no evidence of them confiscating reasonable amounts of soda or water yet.

Archived