Do I need to print my boarding pass?

jessegirl88

You need to print out everything you need about five days before you sail. At that time you have very little access to the system except to check for last minute changes or notices from Princess.

You need to print out everything you need about five days before you sail. At that time you have very little access to the system except to check for last minute changes or notices from Princess.

You can print out the boading passes and luggage passes up to and including the day you sail.

You cannot use the personalizer to change information starting five days before sailing.

One can, however, print boarding passes and luggage tags. This assumes that Passenger immigration forms were filled out and final payment made.

This past April one of my friends was not allowed to print out her boarding pass once the week of the cruise began. She tried to print it out on Sunday and the ship was to depart that Saturday. She contacted Princess and was told that they lock the system at that point and needed to fax her a copy of her boarding pass. Maybe something has changed since then. At any rate, I'd print everything out in advance just in case.

This past April one of my friends was not allowed to print out her boarding pass once the week of the cruise began. She tried to print it out on Sunday and the ship was to depart that Saturday. She contacted Princess and was told that they lock the system at that point and needed to fax her a copy of her boarding pass. Maybe something has changed since then. At any rate, I'd print everything out in advance just in case.

Better fill it out a couple of days earlier then.

Yep...they lock the entire system down about 5 days before boarding. You can't print your pass or complete forms after that time.

However...Princess will call (from what I've heard) if you don't have things completed by then.

Yep...they lock the entire system down about 5 days before boarding. You can't print your pass or complete forms after that time.

However...Princess will call (from what I've heard) if you don't have things completed by then.

They lock the Cruise Personalizer so you can't make any changes but I'm pretty sure that your boarding pass and travel summary are available as a .pdf to download and print.

I must have a kind TA as they have printed out everything for us and handed them to us as a package. Maybe they were bored as most things now are done by the passenger on line!

I had expecetd to do them myself, but they got in first. Saves me a few sheets of paper!

They lock the Cruise Personalizer so you can't make any changes but I'm pretty sure that your boarding pass and travel summary are available as a .pdf to download and print.

You are correct, Pam. I foolishly waited until less than a week to print our boarding passes for our March cruise. I couldn't access the personalizer, but they had links to PDF files for the boarding passes and luggage tags, so I could still print them. I don't remember about the travel summary, as I had already printed that.

Yep, definitely. I printed mine out two or three days prior to embarkation, as I didn't have my renewal passport in hand until four days prior to boarding. I just had to phone in the passport number since the Personalizer was locked at that point, but printing the BP and luggage tags was no problem.

Yep, definitely. I printed mine out two or three days prior to embarkation, as I didn't have my renewal passport in hand until four days prior to boarding. I just had to phone in the passport number since the Personalizer was locked at that point, but printing the BP and luggage tags was no problem.

not getting your passport until 4 days before boarding? i would have been ill!

not getting your passport until 4 days before boarding? i would have been ill!

No, no, it was all deliberate; I wasn't waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I had a confirmed appointment for expedited, same-day service for the renewal. I've done it that way both times I've renewed (because I'm a major, major procrastinator!) and it's actually less stress! Walk in with the old passport, walk out a few hours later with the new one.

You are right Pam. I went back and read what I wrote and it was not correct. You can't complete the forms after the cutoff (which I think is 5 days)...but you can print them off as they are available on there like you said.

No, no, it was all deliberate; I wasn't waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I had a confirmed appointment for expedited, same-day service for the renewal. I've done it that way both times I've renewed (because I'm a major, major procrastinator!) and it's actually less stress! Walk in with the old passport, walk out a few hours later with the new one.
You know how to live dangerously! I would have been a wreck.

Archived