Owners Suite Pictures Please?

cmjars

I would like to book an owners suite but am confused as to whether the front two on deck 16/17 have any open air balcony?

The four aft owners suites overlook what? The pool and over a night club? We like a quiet cabin with a balcony and I'm not sure if any of the owners suites would meet the criteria. Any opinions? The cabins look beautiful.

I would like to book an owners suite but am confused as to whether the front two on deck 16/17 have any open air balcony?

The four aft owners suites overlook what? The pool and over a night club? We like a quiet cabin with a balcony and I'm not sure if any of the owners suites would meet the criteria. Any opinions? The cabins look beautiful.

I took Owners Suite #16002 & Courtyard Villa #16000 to connect them. I chose the front of deck 16 (quiet I hope) because in the past on the Jewel and other ships I've been below the sun decks and have gotten quite bit of noise from the chairs and tables being moved around above me at all hours.

Having said this I have never been over the cafeteria. I have several times stayed in the Garden Villas that are over the piano bar and heard nothing.

Hope this helps :) Looking forward to the Epic.

I took Owners Suite #16002 & Courtyard Villa #16000 to connect them. I chose the front of deck 16 (quiet I hope) because in the past on the Jewel and other ships I've been below the sun decks and have gotten quite bit of noise from the chairs and tables being moved around above me at all hours.

Having said this I have never been over the cafeteria. I have several times stayed in the Garden Villas that are over the piano bar and heard nothing.

Hope this helps :) Looking forward to the Epic.

That's a beautiful setup you have, as the villa has a balcony. Do you know the truth on whether or not the front owners suites have any real open balcony on 16 or 17? I have heard conflicting reports. I too dread the noise from moving furniture early in the morning!

The Owners Suites on the front of deck 16 will have a balcony that has windows that open. The OS's on the front of 17 are going to have on the side a real open balcony. I fear the sun deck above. So we are on 16.

I called our agent at NCL and he confirmed this.

The Owners Suites on the front of deck 16 will have a balcony that has windows that open. The OS's on the front of 17 are going to have on the side a real open balcony. I fear the sun deck above. So we are on 16.

That is what i read from anothe poster. I understand why you took deck 16, but you have the balcony from the CV. If you had to pick between 16002 alone,(without adjoining CV, or the one above 17004...which would you pick? Do you think there will be chairs being dragged all the way up front there on 18?

Looking at deck 18, I don't understand why some is called courtyard sundeck, and some public sundeck. Public can't get up to deck 18 can they? Also maybe people will go to the aft by the posh area. Maybe I rope off an area and post a sign...closed until noon... above my cabin. LOL

That is what i read from anothe poster. I understand why you took deck 16, but you have the balcony from the CV. If you had to pick between 16002 alone,(without adjoining CV, or the one above 17004...which would you pick? Do you think there will be chairs being dragged all the way up front there on 18?

We're in 17007 and I am not concerned about any noise from a sundeck above. I was in a Courtyard Villa on the Jade which had a sundeck above my cabin and we never heard any noise. Also, the times the sundeck will be in use is during the day which is generally when you would be out of your cabin.

Now I would be concerned about noise if I was booked in one of the OS at the rear of the villa complex as those are located underneath Posh. Since that is a sundeck/club with music playing and open into the evening there is the potential for noise and movement above the cabins into the late hours.

We're in 17007 and I am not concerned about any noise from a sundeck above. I was in a Courtyard Villa on the Jade which had a sundeck above my cabin and we never heard any noise. Also, the times the sundeck will be in use is during the day which is generally when you would be out of your cabin.

Now I would be concerned about noise if I was booked in one of the OS at the rear of the villa complex as those are located underneath Posh. Since that is a sundeck/club with music playing and open into the evening there is the potential for noise and movement above the cabins into the late hours.

Wonderman...thanks! I had to move my sailing a week earlier, and a western, which I don't prefer, but I snagged 17004 which I'm very happy about!! I'm not going for the ports anyway. I agree it is hard to believe they put a nightclub over the rear owners suites.

Wonderman...thanks! I had to move my sailing a week earlier, and a western, which I don't prefer, but I snagged 17004 which I'm very happy about!! I'm not going for the ports anyway. I agree it is hard to believe they put a nightclub over the rear owners suites.

I agree. Those suites look terrible. Not only is there the potential Posh noise, but the views are less than spectacular (the pool area), it appears that some of the views will even be limited (due to the massive elevator shafts), and these cabins will not get the wonderful wrap around window effect like in the website renderings because the balcony wraps outside the entire cabin. Honestly that's the only plus I see about those cabins, the balconies appear larger than the other owner suites. Of course they could just be longer not deeper. On the negative side, those balconies are not really private as anyone in the pool area could look up and see you.

There is a post on another thread that explained the Owners Suites are not yet finished, but they are expecting they will be done in time for boarding of the TA. I guess the only way we'll see pics is if the occupants decide to share pics while they're underway.

Looking closer out the window, I think that may not be a forward facing OS.

The picture of the OS with the workers inside it is one of the cabins at the rear of the Villa complex as you can see the pool area.

The other photos have to be of a front facing OS as it has the wrap around windows at the bedroom. The question now becomes whether this is a deck 16 or dec 17 OS. The living room windows have a handle on one of them which must lead out to the balcony. The question is, is that a balcony facing out front of the ship which would mean it's a solarium, or is that the side of the ship with the open balcony?

Based on the views from the bathroom, you can see a big parking lot along that side which leads me to believe that is the dock side which would make that the port side of the ship. Following up from bathroom to bedroom the wall of glass curves around and then on to the solarium (which we can't see in the photos). It looks like there's enough space in the corner of the bedroom for there to be a door that leads out to the solarium. Based on all of this I'd guess this was cabin #16002.

I was with you until I opened IMG_8156. Looks like the same room as you can see what looks like the corner of the same bed and the tv. In that same pic you can see a sliding glass door to a balcony which would mean that cabin is on the back of the ship. Maybe it's not even an OS for all I know.

I guess this is why NCL is slow on releasing pictures, they'd rather keep us scouring the net and over analyzing every pic we can get.

I mentioned that in my previous post. I believe that is the door out to the solarium balcony. If you look at the revised deck plans you'll see that the OS on deck 16 have the balconies positioned at the very front of the ship.

The cabin is clearly an Owner's Suite; no other cabin on the ship has a living room that large. Also, the photo series is titled "Courtyard" and all other photos in the series are of/from the villa complex so this clearly not a cabin at the back of the ship.

Yes, and there's already a thread devoted entirely to those pics. Unfortunately he does not have pictures of the Owner's Suite which was the topic of this thread.

Sorry just trying to help...

Right, but the balconies on the front of the ship do not have sliding doors. They open with waist to ceiling windows, already had that discussion with an NCL rep.

Why does the website say that A3's or S4 by the time we sail have open air balconies? We are booked in 16000 right in front and would definitely want a balcony to go out on. Guess we'll have to wait for pics to confirm either way.

Right, but the balconies on the front of the ship do not have sliding doors. They open with waist to ceiling windows, already had that discussion with an NCL rep.

Yes, the windows of the outside of the balcony open. But there are sliding glass doors that take you from other parts of the cabin (living room, bedroom) into the balcony/solarium. Just look at the diagram of the suite on NCL's website; you can see sliding glass doors between the solarium and bathroom, and between the solarium and living room.

Why does the website say that A3's or S4 by the time we sail have open air balconies? We are booked in 16000 right in front and would definitely want a balcony to go out on. Guess we'll have to wait for pics to confirm either way.

Looking at this recent picture of the front....I think it is pretty clear that deck 16 owners suites on the front have windows and no open balcony,

and deck 17 front owners suites do not have any windows. I think they definitely flip flopped their original plans...just waiting for confirmation from someone who gets a visual. I don't think the 17004/17007 owners were open to see on the T/A.

Here's where I got the picture from if you want to see it more clearly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://picasaweb.google.com/erdoran

1091128506_Southampton_June_23_2010_036.jpg.7f039e4980f6d6a706a75b6c61502f7c.jpg

Archived