Age and Family Demographics of Carnival Cruisers?

bowlinmoe

What would say is the typical age group breakdown for most Carnival cruises? Are most of the people over 40? Over 60? etc.

Would you say that most of the people are traveling as a couple? Are there many kids on board?

I'm going on the Destiny soon with my fiancee and we're taking my mom who is in her early 60's. My fiancee and I are in our late 20's.

Just curiuos.

What would say is the typical age group breakdown for most Carnival cruises? Are most of the people over 40? Over 60? etc.

Would you say that most of the people are traveling as a couple? Are there many kids on board?

I'm going on the Destiny soon with my fiancee and we're taking my mom who is in her early 60's. My fiancee and I are in our late 20's.

Just curiuos.

Runs the gamut and depends on the sailing. On our cruises there have been lots of children--we cruise when DD is out of school. We've seen a wide range of ages--really old, really young, and inbetween. :)

As someone else said: it depends on the sailing.

The longer voyages tend to skew towards an older demographic, and have fewer families. Older cruisers are more likely to be retired and thus able to leave home and work for longer periods of time. Longer voyages are also more expensive, so the cost precludes many families from sailing. Alaskan cruises also tend to skew a bit older as well.

A typical 7 day cruise during a time when school is out of session is going to skew younger, with more families. 7 day cruises are much more affordable for the average family, plus most people are able to get away from work for a week but not much longer.

A 7 day cruise during the school year, when kids are in school, is going to be pretty varried. You are going to see young families with kids that are not yet in school, along with retirees, couples, and singles.

That said, even on our cruise during spring break in 2009 we found plenty of diversity in ages. There were a lot of multi-generational groups sailing.

The thing that I love about Carnival is that it really does have a wide range of ages. We sailed Holland America and although we loved the cruise, the demographic was way too old for us (we were in our early 30s at the time). We really enjoyed Princess, but it was a more sedate crowd than Carnival and a tad older - it's more expensive.

Hope this helps. Sorry if it's too wordy. I type too fast for my own good.

As has been mentioned, the longer the cruise, the older the crowd. If you look at costs, you will often find 4 day cruises cost more than five days, because there is more demand...people have to miss fewer days of work/school. But don't be surprised to take a five day cruise and have a couple busloads of seniors brought in from retirement communities. I've traveled HAL, and the 16 day Carnival Dream transAtlantic could have been a HAL cruise, if you looked at the passenger demographic. EM

Just curiuos.

wide and varied. sooo many variables, its hard to predict in my opinion... time of year, location, school calender, etc.

Archived