Need hotel suggestion Ft Lauderdale please

robinsnest64

There are many hotels near the airport which also provide airport or port shuttle. Many are in Dania. Hilton Garden Inn is one. Since you plan to sight see in Miami, this may be the best choice for you as it will be close to the airport and car rental turn-in spots. Check Disembarkation Ports for Ft. Lauderdale and betterbidding dot com for up to date winning bids and dates. Depending on the season, you might get something apx. $100 a night which may include breakfast.

We like the Fort Lauderdale Renaissance Hotel by Marriott. It's right across from Port Everglades so the cab fare is very low. They run a special cruise package that includes breakfast and a transfer to the port.

Wendy

We are leaving a day early and wanting to stay close to port, also renting a car to see Miami for the day. Suggestions for hotel and must see or eat in such a short time there???

Embassy Suites is very close to the Port and has a shuttle service for about $5-6 PP~~Total wines is right behind the hotel if you're interested and Chuck's Steakhouse is right across the street for a great dinner venue~~Also several others within walking distance

Also nearby (and almost next to Embassy Suites) is the Hyatt Place North. They have free, unlimited parking; shuttle to/from the airport and port; free buffet breakfast; self-serve laundry; and good-sized rooms. It's a 5-minute walk to Total Wine and like Embassy Suites, there are several restaurants within a very short walk. We liked the Outback which was almost right next door. :)

We have stayed at Hilton airport, Sheraton airport and recently a suite at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66.

Pier 66 is close to port, a resort atmosphere and a wonderful restaurant on site. Our suite was pricey ($1000.00) for one night but huge 2 bedroom. We had best friends who live in Fla. come down and stay 1 night precruise with us..... so a splurge.

The Sheraton is nice too. Close to airport but not far from port either. Hilton is across the street from Sheraton and recently redone so nice too.

Try to stroll the Las Olas while there. Nice shops and restaurants.

I have done quite a bit of research on hotels for our cruise in February out of FLL. I had originally planned on staying at one of the Hilton properties since I have lots of points with them. But the reviews from the Hilton travel board are awful for all of them. I finally decided on the Cambria Suites in Dania with free airport shuttle, and free shuttle to the cruise terminal. With a free membership in the Choice Hotel program which I already had, a king suite was $129 ($140 after all taxes etc). A lot depends on what you plan to do in the area if anything. I just want to get in, have a drink, something to eat - and get ready for 14 days of...eating and drinking :-)

We have stayed at Hilton airport, Sheraton airport and recently a suite at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66.

Pier 66 is close to port, a resort atmosphere and a wonderful restaurant on site. Our suite was pricey ($1000.00) for one night but huge 2 bedroom. We had best friends who live in Fla. come down and stay 1 night precruise with us..... so a splurge.

The Sheraton is nice too. Close to airport but not far from port either. Hilton is across the street from Sheraton and recently redone so nice too.

Try to stroll the Las Olas while there. Nice shops and restaurants.

I am a big fan of Hyatt Regency Pier 66 as well because I like the location and the resort pool area. The village rooms are very good sized as well. It's not the cheapest way to go, but not overly expensive. Even with parking, it's less than $200. We just like it because it makes us feel like we are on a vacation and not just in a holding pattern counting time before or after the cruise.

Embassy Suites is very close to the Port and has a shuttle service for about $5-6 PP~~Total wines is right behind the hotel if you're interested and Chuck's Steakhouse is right across the street for a great dinner venue~~Also several others within walking distance

I agree, Embassy Suites ... definitely worth the extra few $$ ...

I always check tripadvisor dot com before I book a hotel. People post honest reviews of their hotel stays and it really helps make my decision. Happy Sailing!

I meant to add to my post above that I selected the Cambria Suites after reading TripAdvisor - they received the highest rating from customers and they were listed as a best buy.

I meant to add to my post above that I selected the Cambria Suites after reading TripAdvisor - they received the highest rating from customers and they were listed as a best buy.

While I always check reviews on Tripadvisor...... I DO NOT choose my hotel solely based on those reviews.

I have found thru experience that they can be, as well they should be, rather subjective. I have stayed in places that were absolutely wonderful but have seen reviews that trashed the place. Based on either a misperception or just one incident that could happen anywhere to anyone.

So I usually check multiple sites - with alot of weight on what I learn here !!! :D

While I always check reviews on Tripadvisor...... I DO NOT choose my hotel solely based on those reviews.

I have found thru experience that they can be, as well they should be, rather subjective. I have stayed in places that were absolutely wonderful but have seen reviews that trashed the place. Based on either a misperception or just one incident that could happen anywhere to anyone.

So I usually check multiple sites - with alot of weight on what I learn here !!! :D

I agree! I check lots of different sites, including places like FlyerTalk where the frequent travelers go to discuss the good/bad/ugly of airlines/hotels etc. It's kind of like the Olympics - you throw out the top score and the bottom score :-)

Las Olas Blvd is a must. It feels like an old European street. There are dozens of restaurants to choose from, so just take a nice stroll and pick one from the menus posted outside. If the weather is nice, you can dine outdoors at most of them. In between, browse the boutiques and galleries. It is less than 3 miles from the port and there is a hotel in the middle, the Riverside.

Hotels: Hyatt Summerfield Suites and Hyatt Place-FLL South.

Food and Beverage: Cap's Place Island at Lighthouse Point and Oasis Cafe in the rocking booths on their patio.

Things to Do: Water Taxi.

Off topic - at least I hope it is (water taxi) - we're headed your way next month for a couple of days, staying at the Sheraton Music City. Scheduled the trip before the flood and had considered canceling, but figure they can use the usual economic bounce DW usually provides where ever she goes :-)

Off topic - at least I hope it is (water taxi) - we're headed your way next month for a couple of days, staying at the Sheraton Music City. Scheduled the trip before the flood and had considered canceling, but figure they can use the usual economic bounce DW usually provides where ever she goes :-)

The Sheraton Music City is near the airport and on high ground so it wasn't affected. To find flood damage you'd have to hunt for properties that were the most damaged and look close to really notice anything.

What are your plans while you are in Hillbilly Hollywood?

The Sheraton Music City is near the airport and on high ground so it wasn't affected. To find flood damage you'd have to hunt for properties that were the most damaged and look close to really notice anything.

What are your plans while you are in Hillbilly Hollywood?

Just a get away for a couple of days. I haven't been there in years and DW hasn't ever been. I made reservations at the Opry for the 27th before the flood, so guess we'll get to see the Ryman Auditorium. Other than that we're just going to be tourists and hopefully find a few good places to eat :-)

Archived