Deck plans

ActiveTraveler

The Princess website has a link to see deck plans for each ship. But when I click on it, they do not appear on the screen. I just get a message it is loading and it doesn't load. The few times I was lucky and saw a deck plan I could not see the ship's bow or stern. It just showed the midship area. Is there another way to see deck plans online?

The Princess website has a link to see deck plans for each ship. But when I click on it, they do not appear on the screen. I just get a message it is loading and it doesn't load. The few times I was lucky and saw a deck plan I could not see the ship's bow or stern. It just showed the midship area. Is there another way to see deck plans online?

You may have to upgrade your Flash player within your browser...

Also the plans show the midship area at first. You can click and drag the box to see the other sections of the ship. Try it full screen too!

You may have to upgrade your Flash player within your browser...

Also the plans show the midship area at first. You can click and drag the box to see the other sections of the ship. Try it full screen too!

I agree. It is not Princess.com but your browser that prevents this.

Mike:)

You may have to upgrade your Flash player within your browser.

That is impossible. I have the most up-to-date versions of Flash and Internet Explorer. I also have a new computer - just got it during the Winter Olympics. So how can it be an Adobe Flash or Internet Explorer issue? :rolleyes:

I don't want to click and drag to see the forward and aft parts of a ship. I want to see its entire length from bow to stern when I open the page. Other cruise lines let me do that.

I prefer the pdf deck plans to the flash versions myself. I can save a copy to my desktop for later use, print, and of course, zoom, at my leisure.

I know they are on the Princess site, but I can't remember where. I can usually find them by doing a google search, restricted by site. Go to google and try typing in something like:

diamond princess deck plans site: princess.com

[There is no space between the colon and the letter p, but it insists on giving me a smiley when I type them together.]

Then look for a link for a pdf (portable document format) and open or save it using Acrobat Reader or something similar.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/deck_plan_pdf/Diamond_Princess_Deck_Plans.pdf

That is impossible. I have the most up-to-date versions of Flash and Internet Explorer. I also have a new computer - just got it during the Winter Olympics. So how can it be an Adobe Flash or Internet Explorer issue? :rolleyes:

I don't want to click and drag to see the forward and aft parts of a ship. I want to see its entire length from bow to stern when I open the page. Other cruise lines let me do that.

Allrighty.... but when others have had problems with the Princess.com deck plans, it's usually a Flash problem.

And you can display the entire length of the ship by going to the full screen version and moving the slider to the left. I, personally, like the ability to zoom in or out... much more flexible than say, Celebrity's site. :)

I prefer the pdf deck plans to the flash versions myself. I can save a copy to my desktop for later use, print, and of course, zoom, at my leisure.

I know they are on the Princess site, but I can't remember where. I can usually find them by doing a google search, restricted by site. Go to Google and try typing in something like:

diamond princess deck plans site: princess.com

[There is no space between the colon and the letter p, but it insists on giving me a smiley when I type them together.]

Then look for a link for a pdf (portable document format) and open or save it using Acrobat Reader or something similar.

Your problem was you typed the keyboard shortcut for one of the emoticons.

But typing :) does not give me :) automatically for some reason.

FYI the Diamond does not go where I want to go. I expect to board one of the big girls - Crown, Emerald, or Ruby - unless the Grand gets the International Cafe during its April 2011 drydock. I will try to change ships on that link.

OMG, I just discovered the Crown does not have a Deck 13. Was that done on purpose for all ships with at least 14 decks? It reminds me of when I stayed in a hotel room that was supposed to be 213, but was 214 instead - and seemed to be haunted despite the number change. Did anyone else see that? What a shame because I love that number.

Your problem was you typed the keyboard shortcut for one of the emoticons.

But typing :) does not give me :) automatically for some reason.

FYI the Diamond does not go where I want to go. I expect to board one of the big girls - Crown, Emerald, or Ruby - unless the Grand gets the International Cafe during its April 2011 drydock. I will try to change ships on that link.

Ha! It's doing it to you too ... you just don't see it unless you preview before you post. I bet you typed : ) to get :). Remember, "just go to google and type site:princess.com."

It seems to make a difference if you forget to capitalize, but these work:

Crown: http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/deck_plan_pdf/Crown_Princess_Deck_Plans.pdf

Emerald: http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/deck_plan_pdf/Emerald_Princess_Deck_Plans.pdf

Ruby: http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/deck_plan_pdf/Ruby_Princess_Deck_Plans.pdf

A "NEW" computer does not necessarily have the latest versions of anything on it.

It will have a recent version, most likely.

Do not assume you have the latest version......

If you have a pop-up blocker enabled- it will keep many things from opening.

When I am on princess.com, I have to manually allow pop-ups from them....

Might be good for you to have someone who has a better clue about computers to check it all out for you!

Bernadette

OMG, I just discovered the Crown does not have a Deck 13. Was that done on purpose for all ships with at least 14 decks? It reminds me of when I stayed in a hotel room that was supposed to be 213, but was 214 instead - and seemed to be haunted despite the number change. Did anyone else see that? What a shame because I love that number.

You will be hard pressed to find any structure with a 13th floor.;)

Mike:)

There are literally hundreds of online resources that will give you any deck plan for any ship you're researching. Just go to any travel site that sells cruises. They're all there.

No need to show the mad emoticon and roll your eyes at everyone because you can't view the deck plans on the Princess site. Better yet, go to the Princess site or call Princess and request brochures. Then, you'll have the deck plans in front of you 24/7/365. Done.

Deckplans are everywhere. Trikerider already gave you one link.

There are no deck 13's on any Princesss ship.

This is a princess program,and therefore is not part of windows package

There are no deck 13's on any Princesss ship.

Such superstititious drivel...:rolleyes: yep, no deck 13's even though deck 14 is obviously deck 13 no matter what you call it.... :p I haven't looked, but there probably isn't any cabin 666 either...

This is a princess program,and therefore is not part of windows package

The Princess.com deckplans utilize Adobe Flash for display and the user interface so is therefore a component part of Windows (or the Mac OS for that matter...).

Allrighty.... but when others have had problems with the Princess.com deck plans, it's usually a Flash problem.

And you can display the entire length of the ship by going to the full screen version and moving the slider to the left. I, personally, like the ability to zoom in or out... much more flexible than say, Celebrity's site. :)

I believe you are correct.

I have a brand new Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7 and still had to update my flash to view the deck plans.:)

Archived