I'm going to get fired....

vacruisin

What is that?

A glass screen that goes over my monitor....makes it so you can only see whats on the monitor if you are sitting directly in front of it. So when people walk by, my screen is blurry/dark.

A glass screen that goes over my monitor....makes it so you can only see whats on the monitor if you are sitting directly in front of it. So when people walk by, my screen is blurry/dark.

Nice, must get one.

Is anyone else like me, if I don't have a cruise booked, I don't even have the urge to get on here. But the minute I put that deposit down, I can not stay off. Always worried they may be checking which sites we go to:D

Is anyone else like me, if I don't have a cruise booked, I don't even have the urge to get on here. But the minute I put that deposit down, I can not stay off. Always worried they may be checking which sites we go to:D

What is this "if you dont have a cruise booked" that you speak of????

I am unaware of this condition....is it painful???:eek:

(Is it Fatal>>??!!):eek:

it sounds just Awful!:eek:

:p

;)

Heres the cycle:

No cruise booked ----> Go on Cruise Critic----> see others with cruises booked----> Book Cruise-----> Go on cruise----Return home from cruise...Repeat!

What is this "if you dont have a cruise booked" that you speak of????

I am unaware of this condition....is it painful???:eek:

(Is it Fatal>>??!!):eek:

it sounds just Awful!:eek:

:p

;)

ROFLMAO!!! I think that's a rare affliction... one must always have one cruise waiting on the horizon AT disembarkation after a cruise. LOL :p

While kidding about spending time on CC or other social networking sites at work I can tell you there are many high tech companies that specialize in URL/ content filtering solutions selling products into many work environments. The solutions used to be expensive and most organizations could not afford unless mandated ( city/state/gov). Today they are cheap and are all over.

One poster talked about a product called websence ( very good one). Well the generic pitch today to potential customers go something like this:

Loss of worker productivity is a concern, social sites are known to propagate malicious software, workers downloading /displaying offensive material can be construed as promoting a hostile work environment couple these concerns with cost saving in bandwidth and it support our product will pay for itself

I will install it for free, let it run for two weeks in monitoring mode we will send you a report detailing where people go, how much time they spend, and how much bandwidth they consume… enabling you to make an informed decision.

It happens all the time take proper steps not to get caught

While kidding about spending time on CC or other social networking sites at work I can tell you there are many high tech companies that specialize in URL/ content filtering solutions selling products into many work environments. The solutions used to be expensive and most organizations could not afford unless mandated ( city/state/gov). Today they are cheap and are all over.

One poster talked about a product called websence ( very good one). Well the generic pitch today to potential customers go something like this:

Loss of worker productivity is a concern, social sites are known to propagate malicious software, workers downloading /displaying offensive material can be construed as promoting a hostile work environment couple these concerns with cost saving in bandwidth and it support our product will pay for itself

I will install it for free, let it run for two weeks in monitoring mode we will send you a report detailing where people go, how much time they spend, and how much bandwidth they consume… enabling you to make an informed decision.

It happens all the time take proper steps not to get caught

wow, that was a lot of techie talk.

(too much for me);)

Im just glad they havent figured out that CruiseCritic US is the same thing as CruiseCritic UK... :p

Sorry, but being old school and appreciating that I am paid by my employer to do my job....I get paid for 8 hours....I do my job for 8 hrs.

not I... :eek:

(but then again, Im not hourly)

She (by direct 'boss') *knows* I have CC pulled up, and Carnival (funny carnivals chat boards are blocked, as is Jon Heralds blog, but not the rest of the site) :)

she *rarely* says a word.

Apparently I'm addicted to CC... I told myself originally I was haunting the forums for the news of the Magic homeport for clients... but I was SO WRONG I'm still here way too often!

yup...Ive seen your little screenname a lot lately, Id say your hooked :)

Welcome to the 'hooked club'

;)

Parrothead,

I can see your point....I have never been salary in my almost 40 years in telecomm. I would hate it. I would probably surf too If I was salary...LOL!!!

Not salary either.

;)

comission.

I only get paid for what I do anyway...

no harm, no foul.

:)

I am right there with you guys. Sometimes I get paranoid that my sites are being monitored...and my boss is just letting me hang myself.

Nah...I'm okay...as long as I keep getting my work done!

or your boss is living vicariously through you, or using you as his/her daily hit.

Archived