Kite flying from the ship

WillieD13

thanks for posting the answer from Carnivals site.

;)

I see you've sailed on the Sky, and will again soon. We just got off on Monday - had a good time... LOVED the Buffalo Wings in the Longboard Bar!!! Carnival could learn a thing or two from them!

Tom

I hope that the hosts don't delete this since it has a "risque" feel to it. :rolleyes:

A guy was out on the deck trying to fly his kite, but couldn't get a handle on it and it was flying all over the place. His wife was watching and said to him, "I think you need a piece of tail" He replied: "that's what I told you last night in the cabin and you told me to go fly a kite". :p

I see you've sailed on the Sky, and will again soon. We just got off on Monday - had a good time... LOVED the Buffalo Wings in the Longboard Bar!!! Carnival could learn a thing or two from them!

Tom

Yes..we were pretty please with our first experience and booked a return trip.

Love the beer selection at the Longboard too.

The 2 for 1 martini's every night in the Plantation club is not a bad thing either.

:D

Variety and change is good.

:D

I hope that the hosts don't delete this since it has a "risque" feel to it. :rolleyes:

A guy was out on the deck trying to fly his kite, but couldn't get a handle on it and it was flying all over the place. His wife was watching and said to him, "I think you need a piece of tail" He replied: "that's what I told you last night in the cabin and you told me to go fly a kite". :p

Very good!

Even if you were allowed to do this i am sure the wind would rip the kite to shreds. Don't forget besides the normal wind your moving along at a good speed! Would never work unless you were parked!

Nope it didn't. I had one of those cheapie (Manga?) kites from WalMart. I flew it off the back of the ship as we were moving and it did just fine. I certainly wouldn't try it with an expensive kite cos what if you did lose it?

Seriously, why the heck would anybody want to pay all this good money for a cruise...to fly a frick'n kite?

<shaking head>

Andy

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Same reason someone paid good money to get dressed up in a penguin suit to go to dinner with waiters jumping on tables and attempting to sing.;)

Even if you were allowed to do this i am sure the wind would rip the kite to shreds. Don't forget besides the normal wind your moving along at a good speed! Would never work unless you were parked!

Depends on the wind direction. I've seen the exhaust from the funnel going forward while the ship was going in the same direction. If the ship was going south at 20 mph and the wind was from the north at 20mph, the kite wouldn't fly because the 'relative wind' would be 0 mph.

I never thought of kite flying sounds great But I have really enjoyed fishing off my balcony on pride,Want to try off the rear deck by adult pool might catch more there then off balcony.Going on legend should be fun

Also i think with fishing being so popular that they shouldn't give me weird looks when I bring the fish i catch into the MDR and ask them to prepare it for me the way I like it.

Always get the matre'D's attention

The funniest thread ever!

If the hosts haven't deleted this thread yet, I don't think (hopefully) that they will get rid of this thread. We need to have some lightness on this board.:D

thanks for posting the answer from Carnivals site.

;)

Hehehehehe....Guess I was posting fact over the I think you can then again maybe not but then again I could be wrong and maybe not and what the "L" I haven't done it so go ahead and try it thread....:D

LMBO......:p

Same reason someone paid good money to get dressed up in a penguin suit to go to dinner with waiters jumping on tables and attempting to sing.;)

I know a few ladies here on CC that love it when waiters jump up on table in mock penguin suits and dance....The thing they like about it is on Carnival they can just add the extra dollar bills (yeah you understand LOL) for the waiters banana hammocks on their S&S cards......:D;)

Well, maybe we could go fishing instead. Reminds me of another thread from long ago....

Yeah, I thought about that too, specially since I was considering bringing a couple of my rods for fishing in Grand Turk, but with my luck, I'd hook something really good, like a big sailfish. What with a 20 knot speed, and I doubt the ship would slow down for the fight, it would most definitely burn out the drag in a hurry, never mind hoisting it up onto the deck.

Yeah, I thought about that too, specially since I was considering bringing a couple of my rods for fishing in Grand Turk, but with my luck, I'd hook something really good, like a big sailfish. What with a 20 knot speed, and I doubt the ship would slow down for the fight, it would most definitely burn out the drag in a hurry, never mind hoisting it up onto the deck.

... then again ... a Sailfish could turn into a pretty big KITE! :eek:

Tom

Not so. If you go to a store that carries a good selection of kites, you can find some that are expressly made for high winds. They are generally "bird" shaped, with short, narrow wing, as opposed to low wind kites, that are broader and/or deeper winged. There are a couple stores (or used to be) on Cape Cod that specialize in kites for all sorts of conditions. If you look on line there are a tremendous selection of all sorts of shapes and sizes. Of course since it appears to be a no-no from the ship, and I plan to spend my beach time IN the water, I guess I'll pass. It was just a thought.

• 1 month later...

Archived