Kite flying from the ship

WillieD13

I believe today's rules are that NOTHING is to go overboard into the ocean. A percentage of kites certainly would end up in the drink.

Then they'd be all oily and unfit to give back to your kid.:rolleyes:

I sell Chinese Fire Lanterns at my store and thought they would be really cool to let off on a ship. Guess I better leave them at home. At sea you would be able to watch them for a really long time. Every component in them is bio-degradable.

Well, we never flew kites from navy ships but we used to drag a net from the back as we sailed. Caught a nice dolphin one evening. Man! That gave the crew a nice dinner the following day though!:D

Has anyone ever tried flying kites off the upper deck of a ship? Do they object for some reason? n?

This should help....from Carnival's no-no site...LOL

• Items for In Port Use only: Snorkel gear, skateboards, golf clubs, fishing rods (packed), tennis rackets, kites (packed), roller blades/skates ;)

I'm pretty sure the security drones are programmed to say "No" to anything out of the ordinary,... except chair hogs and unruly kids in the pools, hot tubs or the elevators.:D

YOU SAID IT! Chair Hogs, and unruly kids and children in the adult pools/hot tubs and elevators are THE ORDINARY, so they say nothing!

Back to the subject at hand. We never flew kites from military ships, but some used to tie their laundry to ropes, and drag them through the wake to clean them. Came out really STARCHED! :eek:

"SKY"

I believe today's rules are that NOTHING is to go overboard into the ocean. A percentage of kites certainly would end up in the drink.

Then they'd be all oily and unfit to give back to your kid.:rolleyes:

That is both funny and sad at the same time... :eek:

Tom

Seriously, why the heck would anybody want to pay all this good money for a cruise...to fly a frick'n kite?

<shaking head>

Andy

:confused:

Well, once they've swilled down 2 suitcases of smuggled booze and run up a $2000.00 bar bill as ALL smugglers do, you never know what they'll do!!!:eek::eek::D:D

Kite flying might be a good thing in that situation!!

Seriously, why the heck would anybody want to pay all this good money for a cruise...to fly a frick'n kite?

<shaking head>

Andy

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I don't know... it sounds kind of fun to me! :D

Tom

This should help....from Carnival's no-no site...LOL

• Items for In Port Use only: Snorkel gear, skateboards, golf clubs, fishing rods (packed), tennis rackets, kites (packed), roller blades/skates ;)

thanks for posting the answer from Carnivals site.

;)

I always wanted to bring a kiddie fishing pole with a plastic fish on it ans set on the back of the boat to see if anybody said anything.

Maybe after I drink my $2000.00 bar tab ill try it.

Archived