I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Wow, wow, wow. That is a beautiful photograph.

Thank you. :)

I love all the pics and perspectives on here. I also love seeing what everyone is getting up to. I guess I am just nosey at heart. :p

The ice festival looks like it was a lot of fun.

Blueboss, keep enjoying your lens! Amazing.

012.jpg

I got a 55-300mm lens in today and was trying it out tonight. I was freezing by the time I got this picture and there was a slight breeze shaking the tripod. It's fuzzy, but I was so excited to see the detail. So far very happy with this lens! Just had to share this one.

Nice, what aperture, shutter speed, and ISO did you use?

Rav, Beautiful!!

It has been a wonderful winter so far hasn't it? We have had our first real snow just today and the lake is frozen just to the breakwater but I wouldn't risk walking on it!

Thank you. Normally, there should have been a slab of ice forming near the lake shore at this time of year. Grass is still green and winter will be over soon :)

Nice pic Larry.

One thing to watch out if you did this with hdr/exposure blending is the introduction of halos. This usually occur where the dark and bright background meet as you can see in the trees and sky and along the horizon in your photo.

Cheers

Nice pic Larry.

One thing to watch out if you did this with hdr/exposure blending is the introduction of halos. This usually occur where the dark and bright background meet as you can see in the trees and sky and along the horizon in your photo.

Cheers

Thanks. I agree. I need to do some more tinkering. A bit too heavy of a hand on the strength of the HDR. I try to avoid halos.

Larry

Went out yesterday afternoon to try my luck despite the crappy weather (freezing rain/wet snow). Saw some buffleheads and long-tailed ducks but they were too far away to get a decent shot. All I got are the tundra swans.

tundraswan-L.jpg

tundraswan02-L.jpg

Our three ornamental plum trees are a little confused about the seasons ... They did flower in spring, got covered in leaves and then last month (middle of summer) all decided they would shed their foliage. No sooner had the last leaves come off, they started sprouting again, mostly leaves with the odd flower :)

DSC02084.JPG

DSC02085.JPG

DSC02086.JPG

And here is one specially for sparky-elpaso :)

I believe this is a white-faced heron

DSC02052.JPG

Looks a lot like the Great Blue Heron in the U.S.A but with less white!. Different beak too.

2437702290027599206S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by dileep

Nice shot of Mr. Rainier Dileep.

Here's a shot of one of the weird winter weather we have here. Wet snow and freezing rain in the morning, windy and beautiful clouds formation in the afternoon just in time for the sunset.

cloudshd-L.jpg

Whew! It's taken me days to work my way through this entire thread, but I've enjoyed every moment of it! What phenomenal photographs, everyone! Some of those wildlife pictures just blow my mind! And such gorgeous landscapes, too! I'm envious of those of you who live in all these scenic places teeming with interesting birds and animals to shoot - and of those of you who really have eye for this kind of thing! I'm so excited to get my new camera in and start playing with it, seeing what I can do, what I can find! Can't wait to see what else y'all post!

@taffy12: Congratulations on your new camera. You can find all the photography resources on the web but nothing beats by going out as often as you can and take photos. This is the best and fun way to learn.

Went out last night to take some sunset photos. Winter is almost over, the smell of spring is in the air.

lakeshoresmug-L.jpg

Cheers,

Conrad

Another unseasonably warm day in the mid-Atlantic. I went down to the water. Most of the gulls were sitting quietly along the pier, except for these two, who were squawking up a storm, chased the other birds away, and then went after each other. (I again want to thank everyone above who gave me great tips on taking pictures of "birds in flight" [or, in this case, "birds in fight." :)]. I have been practicing. This board is a great resource.)

GullsinFightcropped_01.jpg