I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Yesterday was beautiful out. Took a motorcycle ride to visit the Air and Space Museum in Chantilly, VA.

Space Shuttle Discovery

AirandSpaceMuseum012_edited-1.jpg

Space Shuttle Discovery

AirandSpaceMuseum015_edited-1.jpg

Boeing 307 Stratoliner

AirandSpaceMuseum045_edited-1.jpg

P-40

AirandSpaceMuseum005_edited-1.jpg

Love all the new pics! The Udvar-Hazy museum is practically in my backyard and I've yet to get over to see the Discovery. (I took off work to watch it being flown in). I need to go.

Great shots!

Love all the new pics! The Udvar-Hazy museum is practically in my backyard and I've yet to get over to see the Discovery. (I took off work to watch it being flown in). I need to go.

Great shots!

Great pictures indeed. Brings back memories of our visit last August!

Great shots!

Thank you. Quite an amazing place to visit! Sometimes it seems like the things that are in "our own backyard" are the last places we visit. Why is that???

Great pictures indeed. Brings back memories of our visit last August!

Thank you very much. And I really enjoyed your video!

Thank you. Quite an amazing place to visit! Sometimes it seems like the things that are in "our own backyard" are the last places we visit. Why is that???

I went there when the Enterprise was there, but we got there late and it was closing soon. I'd love to see the Discovery. I spent 5 years working for NASA. My daughter and husband still do. I have a lot of fond (and a few sad) memories of the shuttle program.

So you were out in my neck of the woods. What other sites did you visit while here?

We go to DC at least once a year to visit my inlaws near Ft Belvoir and we usually don't do much touristing. We have done all the DC sights. If there is an interesting special exhibit at the National Gallery we might go into town.

We're having a movie festival here in El Paso and to go along with it our Museum of Art has an exhibit of movie costumes designed by Edith Head. We were there to hear a talk by the guy who put the collection together and his stories of what they had to do to restore some of the pieces was amazing.

DSC00215-1.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

The exhibit included a collection of jewelry - most of it from the movie "Samson and Delilah".

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00221-1.jpg

We're having a movie festival here in El Paso and to go along with it our Museum of Art has an exhibit of movie costumes designed by Edith Head. We were there to hear a talk by the guy who put the collection together and his stories of what they had to do to restore some of the pieces was amazing.

DSC00216.jpg

Not that I could wear it, but I want the black dress!

Those are some great captures! What settings did you use?

My camera (Sony DSCHX200V) has the ability to be completely manual - but its operator doesn't. :) So I took a chance and use the preset Fireworks setting. Lightening can be short-lived here in the desert so I didn't even bother with a tripod - I braced my shoulder on the porch post, aimed at the general area where lightning was happening, and just kept hitting the shutter. Not sure how many actual shots I took but I ended up with about 15 that had something in them.

Fred, that is a beautiful shot. :)

Dileep, those Blue Angels free falling make my stomach drop. Our air show is coming up at the end of the month here in Toronto.

Shootr, love the pic with the sun glinting off the helmet.

Sharod, those shots of the aircraft are amazing. Looks like the kind of place my son's would enjoy.

Love all the pics here.

And yes, I would love that dress as well. ;) I'd have to lose half my body weight though. :D