Boston Red Sox and Fenway

Knc6552

While on our cruise in Sept. our son has arranged for us to see a Boston Red Sox Game. My question, is there anyway to get into the pavillion with regular admission tickets, or is there another venue in Fenway that would give us a sense of the history of the Red Sox, before, during, or after the game? Thanks.

Thanks for the recommendation Keith. Crystal is offering a combo tour of Fenway and the former Boston Garden. However, the timing doesn't work for us so we might do the Fenway tour independently.

Nancy

Nancy, I would definitely do the tour on your own. It will be the same tour that Crystal offered as once we got to Fenway Park others who were not with Crystal took the same tour we did of the park. The tour was great and we really enjoyed the tour guide. And I think of the two tours this one is much better since the tour of the Boston Garden is of the new Garden rather than the old one with all of the great history which was removed.

Keith

• 4 weeks later...
My Dh would enjoy the tour of Fenway Park. Just wondering what way is best to get there from the pier and the costs and time involved. Thank you for your help.Anna

Here's a link to take you to the web site with the tour information on the Boston Red Sox web site. Tours are 50 minutes. I highly recommend it.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ballpark/tour.jsp

I'm sure the locals can give you some information on public transporation. If you have limited time you may want to just consider a taxi.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure the locals can give you some information on public transporation. If you have limited time you may want to just consider a taxi.

Keith

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea of what the cost would be from the cruise terminal to Fenway? I know it would depend on traffic & time of day. I'm just trying to get a rough idea. I found a way to get there via public transportation but it looks like it would take about 45 mins., & we may not save enough money to make it worthwhile.

Thanks for your input.

Happy cruising to all. May the seas that you sail on always be smooth.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

That's hard to say - I ran 3 taxi meters they were $25-28 and about 20 minutes. The route they went was the long way around on the highways, so the mileage was greater.

Hi,

Once again Thanks for your quick reply & helpful info. Although we are now living in Pa. We grew up in NYC & are no strangers to taking Subways. So I think that is what we will do.

I know that the SL2 bus/train is near the cruise terminal & is $2 pp exact change. What is the cost on the subway or do you get a transfer for the rest of the trip?

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

It's $2 and 2 free transfers as long as you don't go out an exit. Take the SL2 to South Station. Getting off the bus go right to the end of the platform to the Red Line direction Alewife, go down 1 flight of stairs and take any train 2 stops to Park St. If you can, walk down this platform towards the back of the train - i.e. 1 car from the back. When you get to Park St. you should be near the stairs to the Green Line. Forget how Outbound is marked, but don't take the Lechmere stairs. Take a B, C, or D trolley to Kenmore (not an E).

It's $2 and 2 free transfers as long as you don't go out an exit. Take the SL2 to South Station. Getting off the bus go right to the end of the platform to the Red Line direction Alewife, go down 1 flight of stairs and take any train 2 stops to Park St. If you can, walk down this platform towards the back of the train - i.e. 1 car from the back. When you get to Park St. you should be near the stairs to the Green Line. Forget how Outbound is marked, but don't take the Lechmere stairs. Take a B, C, or D trolley to Kenmore (not an E).

Hi,

Once again Thanks for your quick response & directions.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the "T" (MBTA) website - http://www.mbta.com/

It may seem a bit confusing, but there are plenty of people that will help you. I take the Red Line everyday, if I see someone looking at a sign, I'll offer assistance, as to many others (unless you're wearing a Yankee's hat.. ;-) )

As 138E said, take the Silverline..Once in the subway system stay there to take the Red line to the Green line, then any Green line train (except for "E") to Kenmore square, go up the stairs, over the bridge and you're in Baseball heaven. The tour is a great take.. Enjoy

Archived