Cruisin during football season

bloops

In reality, Carnival doesn't 'determine' which games will be shown. Carnival's satellite feed has network channels from Denver, CO and if it's on those channels it's shown on the TVs around the ship.

:)

Can anyone tell me how Carnival chooses which games will be shown on Sundays? I will be on Legend 12/19 and I am hoping to see the Jets game at 4:15.

.....they pick up the local feeds from Denver. If the game gets changed to the Sunday Night game then you'll probably be able to see it. Otherwise, if the game is broadcast in the Denver market, you would be able to see it too.

By the way, I'm a 20 year J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS season ticket holder.

This is our year baby!

:D

wasiii

PS Hi Mach, how you doing? Glad you're back posting.

Its also up to the CD I believe which games they show on the big screen.

We got to watch the Saints and Redskins play on the big screen, and we were told it was a decision made by the CD.

I don't think they'll show regular season games on the big screen.

We will be sailing out feb 6 th. Superbowl Sunday, they better have it on the freedom. My husband is a huge Jet fan, he would kill me if they r in it and he can't watch it. He would not even board the ship If that's the case.

.....they pick up the local feeds from Denver. If the game gets changed to the Sunday Night game then you'll probably be able to see it. Otherwise, if the game is broadcast in the Denver market, you would be able to see it too.

By the way, I'm a 20 year J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS season ticket holder.

This is our year baby!

wasiii

PS Hi Mach, how you doing? Glad you're back posting.

Do you have seats in the new stadium? I was in section 332 in the old stadium; I am now in corner end zone.

We were cruising last year during the regular season. My husband was told by RCCL that they would be showing the games - ONLY reason he agreed to go. Well... sure enough they didnt show the game. I tried for 2 hours to log into my direct TV live feed - $50 in internet fee's later... still no game. Lesson learned.... Never schedule a vacation during football season unless i want to go without DH !!!

there is only 3 games playing at 4pm 12/19 so i'd say there is a darn good chance it will be picked as the national game of the week. i assume both fox and cbs will carry a 4pm game nationwide so late in the season. with the flexible scheduling thing they started last season it could even be bumped up to the 8pm game if it manages to look better than gb-ne.

the superbowl will be on the big screen.

a_charger_fan

did you not get the game you wanted or no games at all? i haven't been on rccl but those c.o. feeds are either free or at least cheaper then other cities and thats why the cruise lines use them. i have no idea why this is but i've heard it from many cruisers and sat people. if you tried only in your room to get them you should have gone to the bar that seems most likely to appeal to sports fans and ask them to check for a games.

there is only 3 games playing at 4pm 12/19 so i'd say there is a darn good chance it will be picked as the national game of the week. i assume both fox and cbs will carry a 4pm game nationwide so late in the season. with the flexible scheduling thing they started last season it could even be bumped up to the 8pm game if it manages to look better than gb-ne.

the superbowl will be on the big screen.

Remember, if the Broncos are a 4PM game that afternoon (which is 60% of the time) the channel the Broncos are not on, will NOT have a game on against the hometown Broncos.

Thus if they are playing an AFC team, no matter how great the Fox, NFC matchup is, it will not be shown in Denver. (thus, NOT on the ship)

Just checked, Denver is at Oakland at 4:15PM, so no chance of seeing Atlanta @ Seattle or NY Jets @ Pittsburgh.....sorry

Bill

Do you have seats in the new stadium? I was in section 332 in the old stadium; I am now in corner end zone.

.....section 138, row 41. In the new stadium I'm sitting in section 103, row 44. Where are you sitting bloops?

Looking forward to HBO Hard Knocks!

wasiii

Broncos game and Jets game are both on CBS at 4:00, so you won't be seeing the Jets.

.....the last 7 weeks of the season are TBA as far as the game times go. If it's an important game, the NFL can change any game on Sunday to the night game.

So my thought is that since every Jets game will be important, they will be playing Sunday night.

;)

wasiii

I've been on many cruises looking for a certain sporting event and I can say with total certainty that whatever someone says ahead of time is total conjecture. One cruise I saw at least 20 people on CC assured a football fan his Playoff game would be on and lo and behold it wasn't. Pax were screaming at the poor bartender in the sports bar. Other than Super Bowls and Monday Night Football, please take nothing for granted. I've seen NFC Championship games not shown and MLB Playoff games not shown. It's a crap shoot. I'll PS this. when someone tells you a certian NFL game will be shown during the regular. UH UH.

..So my thought is that since every Jets game will be important, they will be playing Sunday night.

;)

Yea, and my beloved Buccaneers may be playing on Sunday night, too.. <cough, cough>

I feel your pain!

People are right they are no guarantees that the Denver stations will carry your game but if they are you can watch it your room or I have seen people negotiate with CD for it to be shown in the sports bar (Most have multiple screens for both the Jets and Buccaneers) or big screen with some success, just get to them first. ;)

Super Bowl without a doubt will be on the main screen for the poster that asked.

The Sunday night game may be the only consistent game shown. Nope, I'm wrong they once showed baseball Division series game instead of the Sunday night NFL game. I was shocked and it goes back to my point that one never knows no matter what anyone out here tells you.

Yea, and my beloved Buccaneers may be playing on Sunday night, too.. <cough, cough>

Not if my Dolphins are on. ;)

As big a football fan as I am, I leave the real world behind when I cruise. If there is a game on the biig screen we want to see, we may watch it, but it won't be a priority if there's something else going on at the time.

Archived