New Magic Deck Plans

spencercoop

Seems overly complex and herky jerky to me. I am not real thrilled with the new site or how their IT dept functions. None of the Magic cruises out of Galvalston are showing any 1A cabin listing. I am booked on the CC group cruise and cannot get a cabin assignment. Annoying.

I don't like it - mainly because it is smaller which makes it too hard to read the individual cabin numbers.

You can zoom in on the deckplans, making it a little easier to read. It's an option on the top of the plan page.

You can zoom in on the deckplans, making it a little easier to read. It's an option on the top of the plan page.

exactly.....it's quite easy to navigate...been looking at it for a while now.

Seems overly complex and herky jerky to me. I am not real thrilled with the new site or how their IT dept functions. None of the Magic cruises out of Galvalston are showing any 1A cabin listing. I am booked on the CC group cruise and cannot get a cabin assignment. Annoying.

Traveler353, that makes no sense. I am booked in a 1A ... I had my choice of 3 rates.

No problems booking a 1A on Magic. ....try looking at it again? I would grab one of the better ones and not wait.

Traveler353, that makes no sense. I am booked in a 1A ... I had my choice of 3 rates.

No problems booking a 1A on Magic. ....try looking at it again? I would grab one of the better ones and not wait.

The web site does not show any 1A cabins listed. Johna and my PVP both have been unable to see any available cabins on our sailing. Johna says that she has been in contact with Carnival several times about it and they are working on it. I am booked thru Johna and confirmed for a 1A just cannot get a cabin assignment. Did you book thru Johna?

The web site does not show any 1A cabins listed. Johna and my PVP both have been unable to see any available cabins on our sailing. Johna says that she has been in contact with Carnival several times about it and they are working on it. I am booked thru Johna and confirmed for a 1A just cannot get a cabin assignment. Did you book thru Johna?

No, Im still with my PVP, waiting on finding a roommate. I took 2217, but the rest of the port holes are all open.

It makes no sense to me, that I can see the 1As on the site, my PVP can see them, but Johna cant??

I just wanted to put my name on a port hole in case they booked up fast, but who knows, someone could talk me into another cabin. But my deposit is in 2217, which is a 1A, and there was no problem with it. In fact I had it on hold the day I was going to book with Johna, when my sister made her annoucement and I backed out with Johna until I know what Im doing.

Dont you guys have a thread of your own to discuss your cruise??? :confused::p

No, Im still with my PVP, waiting on finding a roommate. I took 2217, but the rest of the port holes are all open.

It makes no sense to me, that I can see the 1As on the site, my PVP can see them, but Johna cant??

I just wanted to put my name on a port hole in case they booked up fast, but who knows, someone could talk me into another cabin. But my deposit is in 2217, which is a 1A, and there was no problem with it. In fact I had it on hold the day I was going to book with Johna, when my sister made her annoucement and I backed out with Johna until I know what Im doing.

When I select 1A to look at what cabins are available I keep getting, (Johna is getting the same note):

74 : NO DESCRIPTION FOUND

There are no cabins currently available for the category you have selected.

I can see all the other cats including PT. Very strange.

I really like it...wish all the ship deck plans worked like this....as far as not seeingthe cabin numbers..all you have to do is hover over and the cabin number and a brief description shows and if you click on it, then it gives you a little more detail.....I have been on for a while now and find it a lot of fun to look around the ship...well I guess change just throws some into a dither...it usually does me, but this is a good thing...Thanks Carnival...now do all the ship deck plans this way...;)

When I select 1A to look at what cabins are available I keep getting, (Johna is getting the same note):

74 : NO DESCRIPTION FOUND

There are no cabins currently available for the category you have selected.

I can see all the other cats including PT. Very strange.

Oh yea, for online booking. I had that cabin held since bookings opened the morning they opened. My PVP released it when I told her, I decided to book with Johna, then everything changed ... so the next day I called her and luckily 2217 hadnt been booked.

Johna should be able to call Carnival, they can see the cabins for sure.

I like the new deck plans. At first I thought it would be difficult to see the cabin numbers, but as previously noted, just hover over the cabin and the details come up. It's nice to see the whole deck at one time instead of having to scroll up and down.

I don't like it because I can't see the whole deck and be able to make out what everything is at the same time.

Also, I still have not figured out how some combination of mouse click and drag across the trackpad zooms my display in and out. Currently it's set to pretty small, and the deck plans are hard to read even zoomed in. :rolleyes::o

Oh yea, for online booking. I had that cabin held since bookings opened the morning they opened. My PVP released it when I told her, I decided to book with Johna, then everything changed ... so the next day I called her and luckily 2217 hadnt been booked.

Johna should be able to call Carnival, they can see the cabins for sure.

Moving this over to the other thread to make you know who happy.

Didn't see anything on the deck plans that look different from the Dream. Wonder where all the new things are that John Heald says are coming?

They have added more spa cabins so the spa is laid out differently. The Serenity deck is smaller on the Magic compared to the Dream. Also the Steakhouse moved down to deck 5 on the Magic.

Those are the only changes I can think of off the top of my head.

They have added more spa cabins so the spa is laid out differently. The Serenity deck is smaller on the Magic compared to the Dream. Also the Steakhouse moved down to deck 5 on the Magic.

Those are the only changes I can think of off the top of my head.

We were on the Oct 15th sailing of the Dream in the Med. We were in spa balcony cabin #12204 (port side). If you look on the Dream's plans, you can see there are not that many cabins up there on the port side.

It was NICE! Felt like a "private yacht" up there (very quiet & exclusive), and you were only steps away from the spa, gym, thalasso pool, environment rooms, steam/sauna rooms, etc.

I don't like what they've done with the Magic by "cramming" all those additional cabins up there. Definitely a $$ grab by Carnival, as they charge more for spa cabins.

Also, I don't like how they reduced the Serenity on Magic to just one deck and also don't like them moving the steakhouse down to where the lounge "Song" is on the Dream.

IMO, the changes were NOT for the better (for the customer, anyway). Are there going to be more like "surprises"/changes on the Breeze?

Marty

Archived