Loyalty Gifts?

Have they added Robes to the amentity gift for Diamond Plus members, we now have a collection of beach towels - anything else that is worth it. don't need the booze or chocolates.

Do you klnow if it is one robe or a pair? Also is it listed somewhere I cannot find it. Don't need or really want a robe just curious. Thanks.

I gotta say that I LOVE my RCCL tote bags, which we got last August. I tend to use them semi-often. Have yet to see anything else. Hope to see some robes this trip!

We have two styles of tote bags. I use the heavier grade ones quite often. My favorite is the one that unfolds into a beach mat. I've used that a lot as we live quite near South Padre Island (closed at the moment in deference to hurricane Alex)

Do you klnow if it is one robe or a pair? Also is it listed somewhere I cannot find it. Don't need or really want a robe just curious. Thanks.

If you choose a beach towel it's just a single towel; my guess is it's the same with a robe. No need to give someone two of something when they can only use one at a time anyway. :)

Unless they have stopped doing it, yes, you do. Maybe you could check with the LA on your next cruise to see if he/she has any.

That explains it. We sail on Voyager a lot and probably hit platinum on her. The loyalty ambassador on Voyager is not the very good at it, in my opinion. Least friendly staff member on the entire ship.

Just called C&A.

The procedure is that you get the letter then on your first 7 day or more cruise as a Platinum or Diamond, they "present" you with the pin at the welcome back event. She didn' t mention Diamond Plus.

Hope this info is valuable.

Just called C&A.

The procedure is that you get the letter then on your first 7 day or more cruise as a Platinum or Diamond, they "present" you with the pin at the welcome back event. She didn' t mention Diamond Plus.

We completed the cruise that made us Diamond plus last month, on June 6th, I couldn't believe how fast we got our D+ package. In less than 3 weeks we received our pins and luggage tags.

Just called C&A.

Kellie, thanks for checking into this. I'm still confused. Is this a new perk?

• 3 months later...

I recently found out I should have received a crystal block after my 20th cruise. I have 24. I contacted C&A and they verified I should have received one and got confirmation from the postal department that it is in the mail. I will have 29 after December so will receive my next one on my first cruise next year. If you talk to someone named Robin shie will have your answers.

With all the talk and discussion of the "New and Revised" Crown and Anchor benifits, does RCCL gift any special items to their repeat cruisers?

I know some of you will remember those very special take home gifts that were placed in your cabin at some point during your cruise.:confused:

:cool:Boy---You cruisers are thinking big time. I'm still thinking key chains. Have my RCCL hat, my tote bag which I use as my shaving travel bag, and my all time favorite - my plastic RCCL travel mug, which I have coffee out of every weekend. Once got a t-shirt for winning the bellly flop contest. WOW - and someday I can graduate and get a crystal block. Only 8 credits after my next cruise in May:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

It took 18months for me to get mine ;) had two cruises under as D+ before I got it ;)

We completed the cruise that made us Diamond plus last month, on June 6th, I couldn't believe how fast we got our D+ package. In less than 3 weeks we received our pins and luggage tags.

My last cruise was in September, and as a Diamond member, I got zip, zero, zilch, nada... no hat, pin, fanny pack, beach bag... nothing.

I did, however have a fabulous vacations!

And, in the past the only things I have been given are a beach bag, regular bag and fanny pack. Those other items sound really nice :)

We are going on a RCCL cruise Oct 27 from Barcelona. The price came down by $300 per person but they will not give us a refund, on board credit or anything back. We are Diamond and are so upset, we booked Princess. We did not get any gift our last two cruises -even with being diamond. We won the Trivia contest that was progressive for the trip and could not get a cap or t shirt. We are fed up with them.

We are going on a RCCL cruise Oct 27 from Barcelona. The price came down by $300 per person but they will not give us a refund, on board credit or anything back. We are Diamond and are so upset, we booked Princess. We did not get any gift our last two cruises -even with being diamond. We won the Trivia contest that was progressive for the trip and could not get a cap or t shirt. We are fed up with them.

Out of curiosity was it Tuesday Sale Pricing? That happened to me and I was bitter, for about 5 minutes. Over it and looking forward to the trip of my life!:D

When did you book your cruise? If it was after May 17, 2010 then you were only eligible for any/all price reductions up until final payment date.

If you booked prior to May 17, then you are entitled to your price reduction up until 72 hours prior to sailing and it should be in the form of an OBC. If you booked direct with RCI call them back. If you booked through a TA, then they must fight for you.

If you booked during a Tuesday Sale, those bookings have their own set of rules.

C&A stopped the loyalty gifts on ships over a year ago to all it's Members. Diamond Plus still get their special amenity by calling the D+ Desk prior to their cruise.

As far as the Progressive Trivia goes, it is up to the Cruise Director's Staff as to what prizes, if any are given.

Two thoughts: if you booked prior to 5/17/10 you would get the obc for the price drop, BUT you MUST remind them of your booking date. This happened to us and our TA had to remind them we booked prior to the new policy.

If they had a better cabin available at the same price you paid, then the price drop could have resulted in an upgrade, but again, you have to ask for it.

They stopped the C&A gifts earlier this year, so they don't give them in your cabin anymore.

Enjoy your Princess cruise! We went on the Sapphire in May 2010 to Mexico, and were really glad to come back to RCCL. Not a bad cruise; just not as good as our RCCL experiences.

I am thrilled that they stopped giving this stuff out. Some people that I know sell it on E Bay so for those who don't have an over abundance collected already you can get it there.

Ya didn't have to bring the stuff home !!! ;)

For those that don't cruise a gazillion times a year and maybe do that one or two time get away cruise a year-I'm sure they miss the trinkets. It was a nice touch for those of us who will never have a drawer full of stuff.

My second cruise was a members cruise and we got some really nice things. Still, didn't get one of those caps everyone was complaining about.:(

To those from Royal who read this stuff-some of us miss the little tokens!

Ya didn't have to bring the stuff home !!! ;)

For those that don't cruise a gazillion times a year and maybe do that one or two time get away cruise a year-I'm sure they miss the trinkets. It was a nice touch for those of us who will never have a drawer full of stuff.

My second cruise was a members cruise and we got some really nice things. Still, didn't get one of those caps everyone was complaining about.:(

To those from Royal who read this stuff-some of us miss the little tokens!

Oh, you mean the "pinhead" caps? :D:D

We kept a few things, mostly the tote bags, and I would leave the rest of them in the ladies room for someone else. Sometimes, we just could NOT eat the goodies they would leave in the room, either, so I would take the plate with the cover to a bar lounge and leave it on the table for someone, too.

Archived