Transfer fee?

phoenix1181

We've never cruised on Princess and the pricing is confusing me. I'm looking at the Caribbean Princess in May 2011 out of New York and don't understand the detailed breakdown. Cruise Fare & Gov't Fees & Taxes are self explanatory. What the heck is Transfer? Where am I being transferred from?

Thanks.............

If you wish to use their services to transfer you from wherever you land in New York to shipside. If you wish to find your own way, tell them "No transfer" I believe when you fill out the online documents there is a line for transfer (or not)

We've never cruised on Princess and the pricing is confusing me. I'm looking at the Caribbean Princess in May 2011 out of New York and don't understand the detailed breakdown. Cruise Fare & Gov't Fees & Taxes are self explanatory. What the heck is Transfer? Where am I being transferred from?

Thanks.............

They automatically tack these charges on in the final payment, but they are easily removed if you do not need 'transfers' from the airport to the pier and back. Some are not such a bad deal but some are outrageous. You can usually do better on your own, especially if there are more than 2 people travelling together. I would rather they did not include all the extras in my 'final cost' breakdown (such as insurance and transfers) as we always purchase these separately unless the cost is reasonable. But, as mentioned, they are easily removed so really no big deal.

Archived