the rooms on the "hump" of the ship - mariner

Hello! I am looking for some help in picking a room for the cruise my husband and I are booking. We are going to be sailing on Mariner of the Seas on 11.11.11 and are thinking about booking a cabin on the hump of the ship. We know it is near the elevator bay, as we have cruised on Voyager Class ships before.. we just don't know how clearly the elevators can be heard from those rooms.

Does anybody have experience with these rooms?

We have been on the "hump" of several ships and NEVER had a problem with noise from the elevators/halls. We too have noticed more noise from the neighbor's balcony door squeeking than we have from the front.

Note: The only time we had a noise problem was on the Enchantment and on deck three by the elevator bank. Noise was a plenty there. Don't know if they make 'um more quiet now than before. ;)

Tim

Love those rooms! Many reasons, mostly because of the location/proximity to the Promenade, diningrooms, elevators, everything. Not that we don't enjoy walking, but, they are right there! An added enjoyment are the views from the balcony, both directions, no added noise! Booked room 6318 last year and rebooked for that room this year!

Love those rooms! Many reasons, mostly because of the location/proximity to the Promenade, diningrooms, elevators, everything. Not that we don't enjoy walking, but, they are right there! An added enjoyment are the views from the balcony, both directions, no added noise! Booked room 6318 last year and rebooked for that room this year!

Heyyyy, I have that same cabin for my cruise coming up! I'll try and keep it neat for ya! ;) :)

Not to worry. It doesn't show on deck plans but the elevator banks are separated by a wall from the hump cabins. You don't hear any elevator noise, however they are in a higher traffic area than farther down the hallway. I seem to remember that one of the hump cabin doors opens into the main foyer hall, which means being careful with privacy.That would be cabins similar to 8320 or 8620 if that helps. Location relative to elevators and stairs is great. Deck 6 will put you conveniently right above the Royal Promenade and Deck 10 will be under the pool deck(you may want to take stairs if the elevators get crowded). She's a beautiful ship and hope you have a great trip!

Just got off the Mariner. 9318 hump deck 9. Very quiet. No outside noise at all It a great location. My personal preference. deck 9 vs 10.

Good to hear - we have this stateroom booked for our Mariner cruise in January!

We just got off Explorer last week, cabin 7320. Here are some pics to show how the staterooms are buffered from any noise from people coming and going:

The elevators:

DSC_0023-2.jpg

The stairs, from the same spot, and the doorway to the hall where the cabins are:

DSC_0022.jpg

Through the door to Cabin 7322:

DSC_0024.jpg

One more door down to ours, 7320:

DSC_0025-1.jpg

We never heard a thing from the stairs and elevators. Hope that helps!

We've had 9628 on Voyager and Mariner and have it again around the Horn in February again on Mariner. This is a really nice larger JS.

All the cabins on the hump are convenient and isolated from elevator and stairs noise. And if you get Elizabeth for your cabin attendant on Mariner, you are in for first class care.

Rick and Deirdra

Archived