Pre booking Excursions

Cygneagile

:)We always pre-book a few excursions prior to our sailing date. This is very convenient to us when the charges are in US and they charge our credit card immediately. The excursions are therefore paid before we go. Now our Mediterranean cruise this September the charges are in EURO. When I booked on line for 2 fairly costly excursions, the note clearly states that the booking is only a reservation for a space.

All reservation for food, specialty services and excursions on line will have to be paid for on board.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Could it be the EURO problem in Europe or perhaps it is just too much trouble/work for the cruise line to charge out credit card now.

Eac cruise line has their own policy for paying for excursions. Some require payment at the time the excursion is booked. Other, including Princess, just charge it to your onboard account which is settled at the end of the cruise.

Since the charges are in Euros, are you talking about private excursion that you are booking on your own? Many of those providers may take credit card info as a guarantee against no-shows but prefer Euros in cash at the time of service. Some don't want the guarantee and prefer cash payment. We've never had a cruise line charge us in Euros.

When we are in Europe we always book with the cruise ship. On RCCL last year. seeing Greece. Egypt. Turkey and Naples the dollars values was US and when we pre-booked they charged our credit card the same day. The same with Celebrity, Princess, and RCCL when we sail in the Caribbean. So this is something totally different.

My only explanation is the the Financial, Banking and Credit Card companies do not allow this. Or the cruise line is unable be to charge for something that has not taken place yet. Who knows?

:)We always pre-book a few excursions prior to our sailing date. This is very convenient to us when the charges are in US and they charge our credit card immediately. The excursions are therefore paid before we go. Now our Mediterranean cruise this September the charges are in EURO. When I booked on line for 2 fairly costly excursions' date=' the note clearly states that the booking is only a reservation for a space.[/color']

All reservation for food, specialty services and excursions on line will have to be paid for on board.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Could it be the EURO problem in Europe or perhaps it is just too much trouble/work for the cruise line to charge out credit card now.

I am a little confused. In general when you take a cruise on a cruise line that caters to mainly USA based passengers the cruise line charges you in USA dollars on your shipboard account.

What cruise line are you taking and do they really say the charges would be in Euros?

Keith

Sorry Keith this is Costa Cruise line with an Med cruise on September 10

It is the first time we have taking a cruise that is not in US dollars. RCCL last year was Europe, as I mentioned but was US funds.

Archived