Possible cc group cruise - carnival spirit 15 day hawaii - apr 13/12

Luckysll

Carnival has a new itinerary! A 15 day Hawaii cruise, round-trip from San Diego, on April 13, 2012.

What a perfect opportunity for a CruiseCritic group cruise!!

Here is the itinerary:

April 13 - San Diego

April 14 - at sea

April 15 - at sea

April 16 - at sea

April 17 - at sea

April 18 - Hilo - 10 a.m to 7 p.m.

April 19 - Maui - 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.

April 20 - Honolulu - 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.

April 21 - Kona - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

April 22 - Kauai - 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.

April 23 - at sea

April 24 - at sea

April 25 - at sea

April 26 - at sea

April 27 - Ensenada - 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.

April 28 - San Diego

Yes, it's is a long way off, but I know there's already interest in this cruise and I'm sure it will be very popular.

I've wanted to do the 12 day one way Carnvial Spirit cruise to/from Hawaii, but having 15 days and round trip makes this much more appealing.

Who wants to join me?

this cruise is another one I have always wanted to do....

Got to work on your brother though; he doesn't think he could just "cruise" Hawaii :rolleyes:

Oh, I'm sure we can work on him. :D

Lord, how I'd love to, but I have to wait a couple of years.

Our Hawaii cruise was one of our most memorable!

I've been to Hawaii as a land vacation, but a Hawaii cruise has been one of my bucket list cruises for awhile.

I've been to Hawaii as a land vacation, but a Hawaii cruise has been one of my bucket list cruises for awhile.

Nothing like it. We had never been, so it gave us a VERY good idea where to go when and if we return on land.

My favorite? A place I never even heard of prior. Kauai.

Oh, how I wish this was after the semester was over!!

I want to do a group cruise so bad, but my school schedule just won't allow for any of the ones I want to do!

Oh, that's too bad. I know some people can only take vacations at certain times of the year.

You can always find a cruise for yourself that suits your schedule and then see if there's enough interest to make it a group cruise.

How do you book a cruise with a CC group and what is the difference in booking it that way or directly with Carnival? Do we get to choose our exact cabin?

With a group cruise, you have to book through the Cruisecritic TA, but you can definitely pick the cabin you want. Group cruises may offer a reduced deposit if you want to go with a guaranteed cabin, and then when you make the full deposit, you can pick a cabin or just stay with the guaranteed category.

Group cruises also offer amenities like an onboard credit, and maybe a private cocktail party or champagne and chocolates.

Rates for the group are usually lower than most rates except for the Early Saver rate and the Military rate (if it's offered on that particular sailing).

I would be in!

Great!

I saw your post in the other thread and wasn't sure if you were planning on organizing a group or just wondering about a group cruise. I think the only restrictions on group cruises may be from Carnival. Carnival may limit group bookings on special cruises, but since this one is not a one-of-a-kind sailing, I don't think there will be any problem.

Me!

1. Luckysll

2. Flippr5657

3. Molly BPOE

4. mohavemommy

Welcome to the group.

I see you have a group cruise to Alaska next year. Have you been to Alaska before? I have done two Spirit cruises to Alaska and it is a wonderful trip.

Sandy

Add us to the list for this one. We are kind of serious about it and most likely will say yes. We always wanted to go to Hawaii

That's great, Amy.

1. Luckysll

2. Flippr5657

3. Molly BPOE

4. Mohavemommy

5. Cruisingcouple2008

Welcome to the group.

I see you have a group cruise to Alaska next year. Have you been to Alaska before? I have done two Spirit cruises to Alaska and it is a wonderful trip.

Yes, we went to Alaska last year. It is beautiful country. :D

I am highly interested but the grumpy grump says "no it will have to wait many years". I can change his mind, it's just a matter of getting 2+ weeks off from work.

Put us down for a 20% chance if that means anything. I absolutely love the itinerary.

Thanks!!!

That itinerary sounds great. We were planning on going to Honolulu next June as DH has a conference and our only cruising option is the Pride Of America and their 7 day cruise is more expensive than 15 days on the Spirit. Unfortunately the Spirit route hits exam weeks as well, so that is out for us. We may have to stay land based in Hawaii this time with a week on Oahu, a week on another island and cruise in the Caribbean later/earlier.

Great!

I saw your post in the other thread and wasn't sure if you were planning on organizing a group or just wondering about a group cruise. I think the only restrictions on group cruises may be from Carnival. Carnival may limit group bookings on special cruises, but since this one is not a one-of-a-kind sailing, I don't think there will be any problem.

I was waiting to see if anyone answered my question, then yes I was going to see about organizing one, but you snooze you lose:o. I really want to do this one, if you need a co-organizer let me know. I can do a pub crawl like no ones business:D

Oh, how I wish this was after the semester was over!!

I want to do a group cruise so bad, but my school schedule just won't allow for any of the ones I want to do!

I feel your pain. For the last 4 and a half years I have been planning my life around school...but one more semester and I am done!!!!!

Yes folks come December 2010 I will have my bachelor's degree in nursing and be a RN..WHOO HOO.

Can you tell I am a little excited?:o

I am highly interested but the grumpy grump says "no it will have to wait many years". I can change his mind, it's just a matter of getting 2+ weeks off from work.

Put us down for a 20% chance if that means anything. I absolutely love the itinerary.

Thanks!!!

I'll put you down. Sure hope you manage to change his mind.

Archived