Possible cc group cruise - carnival spirit 15 day hawaii - apr 13/12

Luckysll

That itinerary sounds great. We were planning on going to Honolulu next June as DH has a conference and our only cruising option is the Pride Of America and their 7 day cruise is more expensive than 15 days on the Spirit. Unfortunately the Spirit route hits exam weeks as well, so that is out for us. We may have to stay land based in Hawaii this time with a week on Oahu, a week on another island and cruise in the Caribbean later/earlier.

There are other dates for this itinerary, not just the April 2012 one. I just went with this date because it's far enough away for me to save the money for it. :D I've done one land based vacation to Hawaii, but have only been to Honolulu, so I'm looking forward to seeing the other places.

I was waiting to see if anyone answered my question, then yes I was going to see about organizing one, but you snooze you lose:o. I really want to do this one, if you need a co-organizer let me know. I can do a pub crawl like no ones business:D

Sounds great. Any help is always welcome and a pub crawl sounds good.

We need a group name, any suggestions???

Here are mine:

Tiki Travelers

Spirited Away

Mahalo Madness (Hawaiian word for being thankful or grateful)

Moana Hui (Hawaiian for sea gathering. Moana means sea or ocean and Hui means group or organization)

We need a group name, any suggestions???

Here are mine:

Tiki Travelers

Spirited Away

Mahalo Madness (Hawaiian word for being thankful or grateful)

Moana Hui (Hawaiian for sea gathering. Moana means sea or ocean and Hui means group or organization)

The word for visitor is "Malihini", so maybe:

Spirited Malihinis

Moana Malihinis (bit of a mouthful, but it does have a nice rhythm to it :D)

Who's interested:

1. Luckysll

2. Flippr5657

3. Molly BPOE

4. Mohavemommy

5. Cruisingcouple2008

6. PoofyTheCat

7. Anotherlurker

Who else wants to come along?????

We're interested. We have been wanting to do a cruise to Hawaii for years. Already have the airmiles saved up!:cool:

1. Luckysll

2. Flippr5657

3. Molly BPOE

4. Mohavemommy

5. Cruisingcouple2008

6. PoofyTheCat

7. Anotherlurker

8. Smoofdaddy & Mama Linda

I am so wanting to be part of this. I was just looking at that cruise yesterday on Carnival. How does the group thing work? Is there somewhere I can read about it? I am a single cruiser, so not sure if there might be another female single out there interested in this??:)

I am so wanting to be part of this. I was just looking at that cruise yesterday on Carnival. How does the group thing work? Is there somewhere I can read about it? I am a single cruiser, so not sure if there might be another female single out there interested in this??:)

Hi Cheryl. I'm also cruising solo, so don't worry about being the only single female in the group.

Once we become an official CC group cruise, all you have to do to join us is book through CC's Travel Agent. You can either book a guaranteed cabin or, if you have a certain cabin or category you prefer, you can also book it through her. Then, you come here and chat and get to know your fellow cruisers. As part of the group, you will receive some amenities, like an onboard credit or a group cocktail party or even possibly champagne and chocolates.

We will arrange all sorts of onboard activies, maybe some group excursions in the ports, and you can join in as many as you like.

Right now, I'm looking for people who are interested in this cruise (no obligation to join once we do become official), so I'll add you to our list.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

We're interested. We have been wanting to do a cruise to Hawaii for years. Already have the airmiles saved up!:cool:

1. Luckysll

2. Flippr5657

3. Molly BPOE

4. Mohavemommy

5. Cruisingcouple2008

6. PoofyTheCat

7. Anotherlurker

Great to have you along. I will probably be able to use my Alaska Airlines miles to fly to San Diego. Love those free flights. :D

Who's interested:

1. Luckysll

2. Flippr5657

3. Molly BPOE

4. Mohavemommy

5. Cruisingcouple2008

6. PoofyTheCat

7. Anotherlurker

9. Danysmom

Sandy, yes please add me to your list. I am going to see if my SIL will come, if not its just me.

Thanks a bunch:):)

Flippr5657 is my SIL and we've cruised together twice before, but after the last one, my brother told her no more cruises without him, so I guess she'll have to room with him this time. :D

Jen (jayzee) and I are extremely interested. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention

That's great.

I think there is enough interest in this cruise (I knew there would be :D), so I'll contact Laura next week and get the ball rolling to become an official group.

Who's interested:

1. Luckysll

2. Flippr5657

3. Molly BPOE

4. Mohavemommy

5. Cruisingcouple2008

6. PoofyTheCat

7. Anotherlurker

9. Danysmom

10. pzerba & jayzee

Who's interested:

1. Luckysll

2. Flippr5657

3. Molly BPOE

4. Mohavemommy

5. Cruisingcouple2008

6. PoofyTheCat

7. Anotherlurker

9. Danysmom

10. pzerba & jayzee

11. Pee-ah

You're all killing me as this list builds.

One word of advice. The bigger the group, the better. These longer cruises attract a LOT of Octenagarians and older. The shows after dinner are FILLED with snoring individuals. And the ship gets VERY quiet after their bedtime.

You will have the ship to yourselves! There are pockets of all ages on board, but the median age arror swings mostly to the right.

And it's a GREAT cruise!

One word of advice. The bigger the group, the better. These longer cruises attract a LOT of Octenagarians and older. The shows after dinner are FILLED with snoring individuals. And the ship gets VERY quiet after their bedtime.

You will have the ship to yourselves! There are pockets of all ages on board, but the median age arror swings mostly to the right.

And it's a GREAT cruise!

I was on the Carnival Pride when she repositioned from LA to the East Coast and the longer cruises do attract an older crowd for sure. Now, I should probably qualify that by saying I'm 61, so I'm likely considered part of the "older crowd" by some. :D

After doing a 14 day cruise, though, it's tough to go back to just the 7 day cruises. That's one of the reasons our group from the Pride decided to do a B2B cruise on the Miracle as a reunion cruise. We ended up with 16 days (2 eight days) and I can't wait.

Come on, Pete....you know you want to join us. You did say you have to wait a couple of years and this cruise is a couple of years away (or almost anyway). :D

Please add us to your list (Dave & Carla). Have never been to Hawaii and we just canceled a Princess cruise to Hawaii for this Oct. Really happy that Carnival added this sailing--much prefer a roundtrip from CA. This one sounds great!!

And it's a GREAT cruise!

It's killing me, too!!! :p I really want to do this but have a lot to work out before I can commit - $$, getting dh to want to go, and getting special permission to take basically 2 1/2 weeks off work will be the kicker since I'm usually limited to one week at a time. :( But I REALLY want to do this - have wanted to do a Hawaiian cruise ever since our Maui land trip last winter.

It's killing me, too!!! :p I really want to do this but have a lot to work out before I can commit - $$, getting dh to want to go, and getting special permission to take basically 2 1/2 weeks off work will be the kicker since I'm usually limited to one week at a time. :( But I REALLY want to do this - have wanted to do a Hawaiian cruise ever since our Maui land trip last winter.

Jocelyn,

I have the same problem, with Robert, but I have cruised with out him before and I am sure I will do so again. Anyway, if Mike really does not want to go and Robert balks...we could be roomies:D

Archived