What no drumettes

:eek: My very favorite room service item is now gone from the menu. Not only from the room service menu, but Royal is fazing the drumettes out in the CL also. I am so disappointed. I just loved those tasty little moist and delicious pieces of chicken.

Now they have honey stung chicken. Which in my humble opinion is not good at all. It is dry and sticky, unpleasant to eat, and has very little taste.

I just don't understand why Royal would get rid of such a cost effective, delicious treat. They have taken something away that I have enjoyed for many, many years. Royal had the most delicious drumettes. I wish they would bring them back. They were a tradition with my family.

Yes, that was the case on the Navigator in April, don't know if that is universal on all ships. However, the room service boneless honey stung on Navigator was very good, and I know that many people love it on the sailaway buffet, so I'm sure it will be popular if its well made.

Its my understanding that the price of chicken wing parts is way up because of popularity - its now tough to find a casual eatery that doesn't have them. This is the same reason that places are pushing boneless wings - actually made from breast.

Yes, I noticed the same thing when I was on the Grandeur in early June. I even took a picture when I saw that the room service menu is now inserted into the old books.

IMG_0614.jpg

Can anyone tell me if they are being removed from the Seaview Café on Radiance class ships also?? That would be the ultimate disappointment!

Thanks for the comments. Maybe if enough people really express their feelings about the drumettes and Royal sees that they are really a popular item, they will bring them back.

That would be great.

Pat

Other than a very few items, it seems like the cruise lines are going boneless with regards to food. Maybe something to do with waste processing. If anyone knows please advise. Thanks

They could get boneless wings. Those are my favorite every time I order hot wings.

I can't believe there is so little interest in the drumettes. I truely thought they were so delicious.

I'm upset they were taken off the room service menu, but the fact that they are fazing them out all together, and not offering them up in the CL is very disappointing.

Can anyone tell me if they are being removed from the Seaview Café on Radiance class ships also??

In May on the Serenade...no drumettes from room service (honey stung checking instead) but the Seaview Cafe had their "Feathers 'n Fingers".

what is feathers and fingers?

They are chicken tenders and wings.

I thought that the drumettes were good but there are only four small drumettes per order. Not worth messing with IMHO. The Honey Stung chicken was actually very good on the Oasis. It came with sweet potato fries and ranch dressing.

They are chicken tenders and wings.

I thought that the drumettes were good but there are only four small drumettes per order. Not worth messing with IMHO. The Honey Stung chicken was actually very good on the Oasis. It came with sweet potato fries and ranch dressing.

Now, that sounds good.

OMG my DH will not be pleased when he finds out there are no more drumettes on the RS menu, ordering them for a late night snack is one of his favorite things to do, I think i'll just keep this little tidbit of info to myself until he realizes it himself once we are on board the Serenade in Oct, then I'll just play dumb.

CL & DL

Lately, the hot hors d'oevres have been questionable. Questionable is the correct word, as no-one knows what they are:D:D Most are left and thrown away. Can't understand why they would want to spend time making and serving this stuff, knowing its not popular. Everyone liked the chicken wings and drumsticks.

And choccie strawbs only in the CL - not for the DL plebs. Hehehe!! Still prefer the DL though.

• 3 months later...
:eek:.......Now they have honey stung chicken. Which in my humble opinion is not good at all. It is dry and sticky, unpleasant to eat, and has very little taste.......

Hmmm, you must have gotten a piece of "old" chicken because Honey Stung Chicken is the one thing I look forward to on the Sail-a-Way Buffet. The chicken pieces we always get are moist, sweet and tasty.

I do agree with you, though, on the little chicken drumettes. They are one of my favorite snacks.

Every cruise we look forward to the drumettes! But we also love the honey stung chicken when it is in windjammer the first day! Great to know we can get it in room service now though!

The Honey Stung Chicken is overated IMO!

Remember, the room service menu is not the only source for you. You can call room service and request anything. I order from the dining room menu all the time. We have had eggs benedict on our balcony. They are very accomodating. Try requesting the drummettes specifically from the kitchen.

Archived