Front Cabins

Frumi

Has anyone had experience with cabins in the front of the ship? (Not the forward facing suites). We are booked on B110 on Sapphire in Dec. and am wondering if we should change. This is our 8th cruise and the rolling usually doesnt bother us but we would like soem other advice. Thanks

Ferne and Andy

Should you hit heavy pitching seas, you will feel a lot of motion, and the sounds of the bow crashing down on the ocean can be disconcerting.

We were back in C-250, Golden Princess (a similar sized ship), on a rough trans-Atlantic, and the pitching motion was very evident. Hearing the elevator cars banging about in their shafts got our attention along with the bow crashing down.

Travel can be an adventure!

i'm going in my first foward cabin in september and am curious about the experience also. michael i've been in an elevator while it was bumping the sides in a huge storm off the coast of naples (oh how i love saying that, 'off the coast of naples' lucky me!). we were far aft on that trip. is the forward any different from the aft? they both go waaaaay up and waaaaay down in rough seas.

Well, the pitching motion seems more evident, with the bow crashing down. That happens far more frequently than the screws coming out of the water aft (although I have been on ships that have done that also). All the heavy machinery aft seems to help hold that end in the water - forward there is just that little bulbous bow!

Personally, I like midships, but aft I think is more preferable than forward.

Archived