Do I book Boardwalk or Central Park

For those who have been onboard, and stayed in a balcony overlooking either boardwalk or central park, can u give me feedback on why you liked or disliked your room? thank you very much. I have to make up my mind and am looking for feedback; my wife does not care which way we face so we wanted to try something new.

Boardwalk.

Central Park is nice, but it is very quiet and not a lot going on (but you may like that). From the Boardwalk you can get a view of the ocean, the Aqua Theatre, and the Boardwalk is a very popular place that usually always has something going on.

Have not booked either one of those cabins but we did have a Aqua Theatre suite and the Boardwalk can be noisy with the Aqua Theater show, the bell ringing for the carousel, and other things. If you want a more quiet experience, I would go with CP.

Boardwalk.

Central Park is nice, but it is very quiet and not a lot going on (but you may like that). From the Boardwalk you can get a view of the ocean, the Aqua Theatre, and the Boardwalk is a very popular place that usually always has something going on.

This definitely. We booked the last cabin boardwalk on deck 10. Loved it so much I've booked the same cabin on Allure. We didn't notice any noise and loved the view and watching the shows from our balcony.

thanks for the info. the only rooms left are about three cabins from the end; so I guess that will be ok.

Our neighbors that were traveling with us booked the fourth cabin from the end and they had a great view too. If you do book this cabin type and there's an afternoon concert in the Aqua Theatre, order a late lunch via room service and watch the concert from your balcony. That was a neat experience. It's great to try since you can't have that choice on any other ships.

We had BW balcony 9315 and loved it! Really enjoyed watching the Aqua team practicing and rehearsing for that night's show. The noise was never an issue, and we are light sleepers. The BW balcony cabins were built with better sound proof windows and balcony doors. We would book there again.

Rick and Deirdra

Just returned from Oasis, we had Boardwalk balcony. It was the last cabin over looking the Aqua theater on deck 8. We loved this cabin. We were able to watch practice for the shows and the World Cup games from the balcony. It was nice to have the option to be involved in the action and have a view of the ocean while we were in the cabin. My husband said if we ever sail on this ship again he would want the same cabin.

Ok, so I have another question. Rick and Dierdra, did you have any problems with a smooth ride? also, Caribbean Sunset, you mentioned you were in the last cabin. Did you experience any extra rocking of the ship? We have always been midship. thanks.

I'd say neither! There's nothing better than an ocean view and it didn't seem to me (just got off Saturday) that here was much going on at either place. I would find it stiffling and HOT!

Our balcony was not hot we had a nice breeze. The motion was not bad at all in our cabin. Did not feel as much motion in our room as I did in the dining room. We did have some rough seas because to Hurrricane Alex for about a day and a half. Nothing that made me feel bad at all. Hope this helps.

thanks for the info. Just booked 9723. can u tell me how far of a walk it will be to the stairs or elevators? 723 looks to be four cabins from the end.

If you are concerned about air flow, I was just talking to a lady yesterday that said it's pretty muggy in central park since it's sort of closed off and the ocean breeze doesn't really get in. I think that boardwalk may get more of a breeze since the end is open to the ocean. May be worth considering.

I think I made the right choice. We are traveling with a group of 12; everyone has booked differnt cabins. we have people in ocean view balconies, central park balconies, boardwalk balconies. So we will all visit each others cabin and that way we will know what to book on our next cruise.

We just came off the July 3rd cruise, had a CP balcony, I definitely would go for Boardwalk or oceanview instead. CP is good if you don't like the ocean view, but honestly, I felt like we were in a hotel and had no concept of being on a ship. It looked a lot like those hotels that have rooms overlooking the interior patios. Yes, it was quiet, but way too quiet.

The Boardwalk balcony rooms rock. You get a great view of the Aqua Theater, with all the shows and practicing, as they said, yes, it could get nosy when there's a show, but what are the chances you will be in your room at those times anyway? Also you do get to see the ocean as well as seeing the action. We found a (not so) hidden balcony on deck 14 overlooking the Aqua Theater, actually on top of some rooms that had a Boardwalk view, and I could tell those views were much more interesting than the CP view.

The only caveat is there are not that many rooms (the closer to the end the better) and they book up fast.

The other downside is the distance to the elevators and to other parts of the ship. It is a hike. But worth it if you don't want an ocean view for sure.

Well we are booked in boardwalk balcon 9723;; we also talked our friends to switch from a CP balcony to Boardwalk; they are now next door in 9721. Thank you for all the good tips. This is why this cruise blog is so valuable to all us members.

Archived