Carnival vs Royal Caribbean

I have cruised on Carnival 6 times; but because of the dates and availability for our 25th anniversary my husband and I are looking at a 7 night cruise out of Galveston on the Voyager of the Seas next April. We are looking at balcony rooms because we love our quiet/private time on the balcony while at sea. What are some of the major differences (if any) between Carnival and RC that I may not be accustomed to. Also, how is boarding in Galveston as a port..do thing run smoothly etc?

THANKS!;)

You are probably going to find a lot more similarities than differences.

There are tons of comparison threads on here though.

The Voyager looks like a wonderful ship..........I am sure you will have a great time on her :)

Aside from the ship differences (RCI is MUCH easier to navigate!) you probably won't notice much difference at all. Carnival's food usually gets a bit better review, but RCI's service can't be beaten....you'll have a fine time! Enjoy!

If you can find an aft balcony, you'll have about 2/3's more space than a standard side balcony....but the balconies on or near the "hump" (check the deck plans!) are very, very convenient!

The Mariner of the Seas is a sister ship to the Voyager. My husband and I sailed on her in 2004. We were in balcony stateroom 7342. Just a few staterooms from the hump. To us this was the perfect ship. Not too big or too small. The food and service was great. I had a good cruise on the Carnival Fascanation in 2008 but not in a balcony stateroom so I really can't compare the two. What ever you choose I hope you will have a wonderful time.

• 4 weeks later...
I have cruised on Carnival 6 times; but because of the dates and availability for our 25th anniversary my husband and I are looking at a 7 night cruise out of Galveston on the Voyager of the Seas next April. We are looking at balcony rooms because we love our quiet/private time on the balcony while at sea. What are some of the major differences (if any) between Carnival and RC that I may not be accustomed to. Also, how is boarding in Galveston as a port..do thing run smoothly etc?

THANKS!;)

The differences between the lines themselves are minor. But the voyager class and most RCL vessels are generally easier to navigate and feel less crowded. Enjoy the cruise.

Archived