Junior Suite Tip Amount

I just went to book a junior suite on the Mariner online, and RCI wants $5.75 per day for the room attendant. I thought junior suites were treated the same as cabins, that is $3.50 per day. Does anyone know if this has changed, or is it a glich in RCI's automated system?

I just went to book a junior suite on the Mariner online, and RCI wants $5.75 per day for the room attendant. I thought junior suites were treated the same as cabins, that is $3.50 per day. Does anyone know if this has changed, or is it a glich in RCI's automated system?

It must be a glitch in the system. The suggested amount for JS cabin attendants is $3.50pp per day.

Q: What are gratuity guidelines for cruises?

A: So that you can thank those who have made your cruise vacation better than you could have imagined, we've developed these gratuity guidelines:

Suite attendant: $5.75 USD a day per guest

Stateroom attendant: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Dining Room Waiter: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Assistant Waiter: $2.00 USD a day per guest

Headwaiter: $.75 USD a day per guest

Note: These gratuities apply to guests of all ages.

Gratuities for other service personnel are at your discretion. A 15% gratuity will automatically be added to your bar bill or wine check when you are served.

Notice to Guests: Gratuities may be shared with other crew members depending on the particular service requirement.

Envelopes for gratuities will be provided in your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Gratuities may be paid in the following ways:

Pre paid by having them added to your reservation by your booking agent.

Added to your onboard SeaPass account.

Paid in cash at the end of the cruise

that is from RCIs website..a JS is not considered a suite...so it isn't a glitch as much as it just isn't clear....

Steerage thru JS should all be at the lower $3.50 per day...let RCCL know its the steerage suite so it should not be the higher suite rate...:eek:

Its really quite a nice cabin, 2 credits, no extra tips, more cabin space and when on a bargain price can be as cheap as a balcony cabin...hard to loose.

Archived