CB Princess deck space

kroozerj

Sailing on the CB in November, and have read where some people claim the ship has too many people for the size of the ship. Did anyone find the ship to be overcrowded? I have sailed on 3 Princess cruises, including the Crown ,which is sister ship to CB ,and I never found there to be an overcrowding problem, Any input on this would be appreciated.

You probably won't feel it in November. Just got off we had 500 kids under 17. I also have never seen so many babies with strollers, baby pools, etc. It was super crowded. I stayed on my balcony.

I have been on the Caribbean Princess 4 times, once in November. I have never felt over crowded but the shows do fill up in the Explorers Lounge and in the Princess Theater. We really don't go out of our way to see the shows but if that's what you like to do I would suggest you get there early. You may find it a bit crowed if you like to sit right in front of the pool on the Lido deck. We usually go one deck up to the sun deck where there is more sun and it's less congested.

Sailing on the CB in November, and have read where some people claim the ship has too many people for the size of the ship. Did anyone find the ship to be overcrowded? I have sailed on 3 Princess cruises, including the Crown ,which is sister ship to CB ,and I never found there to be an overcrowding problem, Any input on this would be appreciated.

Deck space on the Crown is about the same as on the CB. Much depends on how many people are trying to do what where.

Crowding was not a problem on our 3 Princess cruises, but concur about getting to the theater and Explorer's lounge early. Area around pools can get crowded but that was true for all of our cruises including Celebrity and RCCL. Remember some people will scream crowded if they have to spend more than a minute finding a lounger to place thier towel on to reserve for later in the day. :D

went on jan 3, 2010 sailing and never felt crowded; now, we could only get chairs by the wake in back 2 days, but the other days we were just up a deck and could walk over and get a view when we felt like it; in jan., the itinerary was so port intensive that it seemed we were off the ship more than we were on-have a great cruise, we loved the CB--grams98

I went on CB twice and didn't believe how not crowded ship felt sailing at full capacity.

Still cannot believe it, so trying the third time next Sunday.:D

I sailed on Ruby which is identical sister to Crown so I can compare these ships.

The most crowded ships we sailed on were Carnival Liberty and NCL Spirit (out ov NYC, 800 kids!!! on 78K tons ship!)

We thought it felt extremely crowded. Very hard to get a seat at the buffet during breakfast/lunch, and very hard to get a seat in the theatreor lounges in the evening. Also, very long lines in the anytime dining room. On our Canada/NE cruise in August 2008, we really felt the difference in compared to RCI megaships which have a much more favorable space-to-passenger ratio.

However, that didn't scare us away, as our next cruise is booked ont he CB again.

We never had experienced really crowded buffet areas. Buffet hours are long and you have a lot of space in Horizon and Caribe Cafe's + some seating is available outside near Calypso and Terrace pools. :)

I have been on the CB twice, once in June2008 and the last time June 23 2010. This last time was horrible! I could never get a deck chair. The buffet was always crowded and seats were difficult to find. I would order a coke as soon as I sat down and it wouldn't come until after my meal was finished. I rarely ate in the buffet, it was just too crowded.

As long as the weather is nice, it won't feel all that crowded as hundreds will be out at the pool. But you you should encounter bad weather or rain, then is when you can feel the extra deck of passengers onboard, when everyone attempts to go inside. ;) At least this is what we have found in the past.....................too many people on the modified Grand Class ships for our liking.

We never had experienced really crowded buffet areas. Buffet hours are long and you have a lot of space in Horizon and Caribe Cafe's + some seating is available outside near Calypso and Terrace pools. :)

Exactly. We often get our food and go right to those areas. During peak hours there is certainly more traffic in the popular spots, but I have never felt crowded. I expect there to be crowds at the captains welcome aboard speech, so I kind of stand back and watch from a distance. I don't go to the shows so it doesn't affect me.

We only sail in July when the ship is at capacity and we haven't really had problems with kids. Sometimes, the adults are the problem, but that happens anywhere.

Just off the CB this past Friday. We were sailing at full capacity and the decks did feel crowded to me on sea days. Hard to find a chair due to all of those chair hogs who never showed up. The aft pool was less crowded but very shady most of the time an the pool was chilly. One day we had some rain and OMG walking on the floor with all of the shops deck 6 was a nightmare. Stll had a fabulous time with all of those bodies on board.

Archived