Booking a future cruise while on board?

Good morning all

DH and I will be on the Navigator April 15, 2011 cruise. We are looking at the October 2011 Canada/New England cruise, and could anyone please tell me what the advantages/incentives, if any, for booking while on board in April for the October cruise would be? Are the savings substantial enough to wait until we are on the ship to book? Or are we shooting ourselves in the foot by waiting as the October cruise may prove to be popular and have limited availability?

Those of you who have booked while on board for a future cruise, I'd appreciate your input!

ps--There are other lines that offer a similar itinerary, but Regent is our choice because of their smo**** policy. (I don't dare mention the "s" word in full text as my post might disappear!);)

It depends on the cruise. I have two cruises booked and received $525 off one and $325 off another. I received $700 off the last cruise I took but it was a B2B. If you can't make up your mind while on board the discount is extended for a couple of weeks after leaving the ship.

I wouldn't wait that long to book that cruise. I think it might be pretty popular. You would get a discount of probably $350-$500 per person, but you might have to book such a more expensive suite that any savings would be gone.

Yes, I have done the same as Wendy. Book now, and take your booking number on board with you. Give it, along with your Travel Agent's name to the on board Travel Consultant and your discount will be applied.

Happy cruising.

Piri

Thanks to you too for your advice. Guess I will have to "get on this" asap; problem is, we still have to pay for the April cruise!:eek: However, I will take my booking # w/ me and visit the onboard travel consultant if/when we decide to book the Canada/New England cruise. I really want to do this for my 60th birthday.

Thank you to all for your replies. Happy cruising to all.

Archived