Miami Hotel Recommendation??

Dpeeps

The IC Miami just showed up at LMT for my January 14 date but at $166.99 plus tax. They also have an automatic $25 cancellation fee. If the price drops later, will they match it, or must I cancel, lose the $25, and re-book it?

The IC Miami just showed up at LMT for my January 14 date but at $166.99 plus tax. They also have an automatic $25 cancellation fee. If the price drops later, will they match it, or must I cancel, lose the $25, and re-book it?

I tried this. They would not allow any change whatsoever unless I paid the $25 fee.

Could anyone suggest a nice hotel that allows you to leave your car, while you cruise. I did look at the IC, but the per day parking is $34.00 per day.

Thank-you for any information that you have to share.:)

I booked at the la quinta at the airport you can keep your car there for free 7 days and take shuttle to the port. no one gives shuttle back from what I hear so you have to take a taxi

It seems that most have used bookit or lastminutetravel to get a deal on the IC. Anyone have any luck getting those deals ($87) on Priceline? I'm looking into hotels for January 8-9, 2011. I did put in a reservation for the Courtyard Marriott South at MIA just to be safe, but will cancel if I can get a better hotel downtown, and closer to the port. Also, if you use any of the auction sites, can you wind up with the Holiday Inn Port of Miami?

Just wanted to get this thread back on the 1st page!!!

Thanks a bunch :D:D for doing so...we'd never have even THOUGHT of the Intercontenintal without it! Just booked for Oct. 17 at the great rate of $93.00 all in. Very, very excited to get there now; we'd been having quite a time trying to decide where to spend our overnight prior to the cruise. Definitely also want to shout-out to Jo Ann; you did a good thing for a lot of people.

Happy Sails,

Annette

P.S. Does anyone know if it's easy to get a bayview room? Should we call ahead or will requesting at check-in be enough? Also, we're travelling with DS and DN, both 13. Any chance of a pull-out or a cot being available?

I just did this last week. I had booked a room for Oct 16th (Hyatt), and then saw that the IC became available. I called and they cancelled my original reservation, booked the IC, and waived the $25 fee (I asked and he agreed). I got the IC for the same price as the Hyatt, and the immediately e-mailed me the new reservation info.

I have the HIPOM booked for one pre-cruise night for $159.00.

Intercontinental just came up for my date on LMT for $167.00.

Any opinions on keeping HIPOM or going with Intercontinental?

I booked direct with HIPOM so I can cancel without paying any fee.

They seem to be basically the same in reviews on TripAdvisor.

It does seem on TA the last reviews for HIPOM are not the greatest.

Thanks in advance for any help:D

Well, don't know anything about the Intercontinental, but have stayed at the HIPOM a couple of times and would not hesitate to stay there again. We really like it, because it is directly across the street from Bayside Market Place which we like to visit when we are there.

I just did this last week. I had booked a room for Oct 16th (Hyatt), and then saw that the IC became available. I called and they cancelled my original reservation, booked the IC, and waived the $25 fee (I asked and he agreed). I got the IC for the same price as the Hyatt, and the immediately e-mailed me the new reservation info.

That's great, but as I said it didn't happen for me. I got a woman on the phone who insisted I would be charged the $25 just to make a change. In fact the place I wanted to change to was more money. Maybe it just depends on who you get on the phone.

I cannot figure out LMT's program. I checked and saw the IC for $167. Then checked back 30 minutes later and it was up to $340. I guess you have to act fast.

Try it again, maybe you checked off, or didn't check off something different the second time:confused:

Mine is still the same from this morning, i still haven't decided yet:confused::confused:

That's great, but as I said it didn't happen for me. I got a woman on the phone who insisted I would be charged the $25 just to make a change. In fact the place I wanted to change to was more money. Maybe it just depends on who you get on the phone.

I think you are correct, a lot depends on who you get on the phone.

I'm not having any luck finding the IC for under $100. When I look at Last minute Travel, I am getting around $170.00. We would be staying 1/5 for 1 night. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just the wrong time of year?:D

Booked the IC Downtown Miami yesterday for $167.00 on LMT. You can tell ahead of time that it is the IC by looking in the URL for the number 917 after HotelID=. I know that I have seen the IC as low as $87 and as high as $400, so I was happy to get it for $167 in prime time (April 2/11).

Booked the IC Downtown Miami yesterday for $167.00 on LMT. You can tell ahead of time that it is the IC by looking in the URL for the number 917 after HotelID=. I know that I have seen the IC as low as $87 and as high as $400, so I was happy to get it for $167 in prime time (April 2/11).

They quoted $166.99 for March 8 too.

I just looked at last minute travel and it said the hotel was next to the Bayside market. Is this the IC? Got it for $84 a night.

Possibly, but not certainly. When you click the "more info" button on the LMT site look at the URL address. If it says HotelID=917, it is the IC. If it's another number, it is not.

I'm not having any luck finding the IC for under $100. When I look at Last minute Travel, I am getting around $170.00. We would be staying 1/5 for 1 night. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just the wrong time of year?:D

You did not do anything wrong. It depends on time of year. Off season you get better prices:cool: I am looking at April and it is also $170.00:(

Ummmm, starting to get a little nervous...it's been 2 days and we haven't got confirmation on our 10/17 reservation at IC through LMT.:o

Will they notify us if we DON'T get the booking? How many days should it take? Pretty soon here I'm going to have to firm up something else. Any advice?

Happy Sails,

Annette

Okay, I have done my homework and I am going to make a decision today:D

I have added another hotel to my list.

HIPOM (I have booked) $159.00

IC (on LMT I can get for $167.00)

Conrad (on LMT I can get for $ 95.00)

We plan on going to Bayside. Maybe walk there in the afternoon and cab back to Conrad after dinner.

I know we can walk to and from HIPOM and IC.

Please help me decide:confused:

Is IC worth the extra $$$?

Is the convience of HIPOM near Bayside worth the extra $$ over Conrad.

What I have read here the Conrad sounds good (not much in reviews).

Trip Advisor has reviews from 2006:cool: nothing recent.

Is there a place to buy soda, wine, water near Conrad? I know CVS is near HI, is this in the direction of the Conrad.

Myself, DH and DS (age 16)

I appreciate any and all of help:)

Archived