A Little Help From Those Who Would Know

PROCRUISE

We're planning our first cruise with Celebrity for February,2011 on The Equinox, 11 night Caribbean Cruise.

We always get a balcony and are looking at the 2C partially obstructed veranda view cabins. We're guessing that this means if you look down your view is the top of a life boat and not the ocean. Not sure this would particularly bother us but thought I'd ask the real experts on the Celebrity board of CC.

Thanks for any help. We're easy to please and never been on any ship we didn't enjoy, as I'm sure will be the case with Celebrity!

We considered those rooms but sought advice on this board. A CCer who had done a TA in one of the cabins spoke of his regret looking out his balcony and seeing 15 feet of orange for so many days at sea.

6240 is a 2 C with good reviews and a large deck; we had it until there was a price drop making 2Bs less expensive.

Which cruise are you on? We have a VERY active roll call for 2/28/11 :). Love the 11 night itinerary!

Choose the right 2C and you'll love it. The rear-most seven cabins on both sides of deck 6 have v large verandas that stick out about a metre beyond those above them. There is no lifeboat in front of you just a couple of metres of the roof of the restaurant below at your feet. You can see out to sea, fore and aft without obstruction. I loved it!

Archived