ero exchange

Lots of posts regarding exchanging money. Its usually much cheaper to use your ATM card and w/draw money from a machine once there. I checked my bank - they charge a $15 fee just to order the money and then a 3% conversion rate fee. My credit union ATM card charged $1 to w/draw money and 1% conversion fee - usually much much cheaper to use ATM card and wait until you are in the other country.

I am making my first trip to Spain next week and wondered if it is better to get eros here in U.S. or wait until i get to Granada?

I assume you mean Euros.

I agree, get them from an ATM when you arrive. However, you may need to get the Euros before you get to Granada. It is not good to be travelling around without any currency of the country you are in.

If I don't have some of the currency already (I try to save at least $20 worth from my previous trips), I will go to the effort to buy some, maybe $100 worth, before I leave. There are places on the Internet that will help you. I just feel more comfortable knowing that I don't have to spend time hunting for an ATM right away. Many times, I've seen a wait for the ATM at the airport - I don't want to wait in line with 20 others. I might want something to eat or drink right away - need currency for that. I know it is against common wisdom, but it has always worked for me.

Archived