Laid back cruising

whippet

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to cruise informally on P&O ie; without jacket and tie, trousers and a shirt fine but i would like to eat when i want and where i want all info most welcome

P&O is possible on some ships (including Ventura) which only have casual and formal nights.

On formal nights you are requsted wear a dinner suit or dark suit and tie, but if you are prepared to wear a shirt and trousers for 5 nights a week for 2 nights it's no hardship to wear the jacket for the trousers until you take it off for dinner and the tie until you finish.

All ships have buffets to allow you to eat when you want and Ventura, Azura and Oceana all have freedom dining which allow you to take dinner any time between 6pm and 9.30pm.

P&O is possible on some ships (including Ventura) which only have casual and formal nights.

On formal nights you are requsted wear a dinner suit or dark suit and tie, but if you are prepared to wear a shirt and trousers for 5 nights a week for 2 nights it's no hardship to wear the jacket for the trousers until you take it off for dinner and the tie until you finish.

All ships have buffets to allow you to eat when you want and Ventura, Azura and Oceana all have freedom dining which allow you to take dinner any time between 6pm and 9.30pm.

in freedom dining is it still jacket and tie

in freedom dining is it still jacket and tie

Yes it is if its formal or semi formal. The only difference is that you can go in the restaurant at any time between 6pm and 9:30pm. The dress code of the day still applies and also in certain bars.

Brian

You need to come out to Oz and try P&O Australia cruise to Vanuatu and New Caledonia in South Pacific. :) No Formal nights at all - they call it "cocktail night" now. No thongs or shorts allowed :o

Barry

If you go on Oceana or Ventura there are only 2 formal nights per week so the other 5 are smart casual when you don't have to wear a jacket or tux.

2 nights isn't much to put a suit on or tux, and then you can dine and enjoy the lovely 5 course gala meals in the main restaurant....or otherwise go to the buffet and dress in smart casual, but they do insist in formal wear on formal nights in the main bars.

Archived