Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter/Swim

AF-1

Hi, my wife and I are going on Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas in Jan. As part of her Christmas present I was thinking of getting her the Blue Lagoon Dophin Swim when we dock in Nassau. Anyone who's done this excursion please chime in and give me feedback. Thank you very much.

Just a warning the water will be freezing!! We went in March of 2009 it was an incredible experience. We had a wonderful time, but the water was almost to cold to get in. When they told us we had to neal down my mother had to push me down it was just so cold. Now while we were playing with the dolphins we kind of forgot about it, but it was cold. The air temp was fine, just the water that was the problem.

Blue Lagoon is wonderful. We did the dolphin encounter last year and loved it. Afterwards we walked around the island and watched the sea lions. Check out their website for bios of all the dolphins.

I believe you can ask for a wetsuit during the winter months.

Did Blue Lagoon Dolphin Experience, watched the Dolphin swim and did the Sea Lion experience.

Both were great and the swim looked like alot of fun.

They did have wetsuits near both areas if you needed one.

As for the weather, the bahamas is basically the same as central Florida's temperatures.

(it is straight out from Port Canaveral)

So the water will be chilly in January, but swimable, especially with a wetsuit. (I made it for awhile when we were there in January a few years ago. I think the ocean was like 70 degrees or so, the air temperature was 70-75)

Bill

Hi, my wife and I are going on Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas in Jan. As part of her Christmas present I was thinking of getting her the Blue Lagoon Dophin Swim when we dock in Nassau. Anyone who's done this excursion please chime in and give me feedback. Thank you very much.

Just wanted to add.. you'll need to book this in advance..

wetsuits are available during the winter months and make it quite comfortable.

She'll love it.

thanks everyone for the wonderful info. I will have her put on a wetsuit. One more question. I don't really care to partake in the dolphin swim, but my wife does. Can I book this excursion for her and I ride along to watch; or do I have to book the excursion also? Thanks.

thanks everyone for the wonderful info. I will have her put on a wetsuit. One more question. I don't really care to partake in the dolphin swim, but my wife does. Can I book this excursion for her and I ride along to watch; or do I have to book the excursion also? Thanks.

you can do the observer program. I think it's $25... and you can ferry over with her and watch from the dock above.

www.dolphinencounters.com

Archived