Just booked Enchantment of the Seas to Bermuda

My wife and I just booked a last minute 5 night cruise on the Enchantment to Bermuda for early October. Never been on the Enchantment but all the reviews seem to be favorable. I have a couple questions if anyone can help. To save a little money we decided to go with an interior cabin. We went with category K which put us up on Deck 8. The interior cabins on that deck run parallel to the ship rather that perpendicular. Not seen that before. I guess the door is in the side of the cabin rather than the end. Anyone ever stay in one of those type cabins? Any real difference? Also on a 5 night cruise how many formal dinning nights are there?

We were just on Deck 8, but we were in a JS, we did see the rooms, however, so I'll try to help

You walk into the room in the center, and immediately to the right (or left) are the 2 twin beds (unless they merge them for you) with a nightstand in between. The end of the bed pretty much comes to the door jam

Straight on as you walk in is the vanity/desk/chair/cabinets (storage), and a small area of open floor space

To the left is your bathroom. I didn't see the bath, but from what I heard, its a sink, toilet and very small shower.

I think there is also a small armchair.That is the extent of the room that I saw.

I'm not sure if you have done an interior room before, but I know that I would be claustrophobic in there, but I need at least a window, preferably a balcony. But many people say the small size of the room doesn't bother them. I think its just enough room for 2, and I wouldn't have any children in the room with me if they had allowed it (I think some had a pullman bunk, so I guess some fit 3 people!):eek:

Probably just one formal night for a 5 night cruise

Hope that helps!

We were just on Deck 8, but we were in a JS, we did see the rooms, however, so I'll try to help

You walk into the room in the center, and immediately to the right (or left) are the 2 twin beds (unless they merge them for you) with a nightstand in between. The end of the bed pretty much comes to the door jam

Straight on as you walk in is the vanity/desk/chair/cabinets (storage), and a small area of open floor space

To the left is your bathroom. I didn't see the bath, but from what I heard, its a sink, toilet and very small shower.

I think there is also a small armchair.That is the extent of the room that I saw.

I'm not sure if you have done an interior room before, but I know that I would be claustrophobic in there, but I need at least a window, preferably a balcony. But many people say the small size of the room doesn't bother them. I think its just enough room for 2, and I wouldn't have any children in the room with me if they had allowed it (I think some had a pullman bunk, so I guess some fit 3 people!):eek:

Probably just one formal night for a 5 night cruise

Hope that helps!

I saw those rooms when I toured the ship last month and was impressed with the layout and how much space there seemed to be. If I were ever to stay in an inside room, I would want one of those.

Are you on the 11/13 sailing to Bermuda, we are.

Thanks. We usually stay in an inside cabin unless the view from the ship while sailing is expected to be great. We did a balcony for our recent Alaska cruise. A window cabin is out of the question because seeing the water go by through the window makes my wife sea sick so we kept the drapes closed that time. So most of the time an inside cabin is quite sufficient and economical.

We were in one of these cabins on our November cruise. It is exactly as the other poster described to you. We had lots of room and really loved our cabin, it was very cozy. You will love the Enchantment she is a beautiful ship and the staff was top notch! Enjoy your cruise.

You will love the Enchantment! We also stayed inside on deck 8 (M), but it was the regular layout. We loved being inside - first time we had done that. Actually, we loved it so much that we changed our then existing reservations on the Solstice from a Concierge Class balcony to an inside. Saved a ton of money and really enjoyed the cabin - dark, quiet and nice. Unless something changes, most of our future cruises will be inside. Have a wonderful time!

My wife and I just booked a last minute 5 night cruise on the Enchantment to Bermuda for early October. Never been on the Enchantment but all the reviews seem to be favorable. I have a couple questions if anyone can help. To save a little money we decided to go with an interior cabin. We went with category K which put us up on Deck 8. The interior cabins on that deck run parallel to the ship rather that perpendicular. Not seen that before. I guess the door is in the side of the cabin rather than the end. Anyone ever stay in one of those type cabins? Any real difference? Also on a 5 night cruise how many formal dinning nights are there?

Congratulations! I love the Enchantment, and I think that you will, too.

I've never heard three months called a last minute booking before, though. ;) :D

For us 3 months out is a last minute booking. Normally we book and start planning our cruises around 18 months out. We usually do one about every two years and love the planning part almost as much as the cruise itself. Most of the time we go with a large group. This time just three couples. Just got back from Alaska earlier this year but was in the mood to go again somewhere. Looked on line and found these 5 day to Bermuda and thought what the heck, lets go!

I <3 this ship!

Activities director was a Swiss guy named Abel. (I wonder if he's got his own ship by now) Total hunk and very funny!

Another memorable crew member was Richie. British pocket cutie, also very fun-loving. Cruise director Paul Rudder was totally cheesey, but overall the younger crew was a blast!

Archived