Is 11 a.m. cutting it to close for flight?

moejoe4

We will be cruising the Star March 19-26. I'm looking at flights home and about the latest one leaves at 11 a.m. (flying America Airlines to Memphis, TN).

We are in a suite so we get priority disembarkation. Are we cutting it to close?

If we had to we could stay an extra day, but then that is 2 hotel rooms we have to pay for (6 of us traveling).

Thanks,

Dana

The latest flight leaves at 11:00 a.m.?? Impossible to answer; when does your boat dock? Into what port are you arriving, and from what airport are you leaving? What is the earliest time your cruiseline recommends you book a flight? Usually, there is a reason for this; even if you are first off, no one can leave until the ship clears customs.

Also, I see from your other posts you are traveling with your nephew and niece. You didn't ask, but if you or your parents are not their legal guardians, be sure to have notarized permission to travel letters signed by their parents, and permission to obtain medical treatment letters as well.

You can usually make an 11:00 flight from ports of all of the cruises out of the US to the Caribbean. If you tell us which port your are talking about, you will get better answers to your question.

I was on the Star Princess last year arriving in Rio. We were supposed to arrive at 6:00 am. The ship was late - arrived 9:30 am. Port authorities were being "sticky" - to make a long story short - first people got off at 12:30 pm and we finally got off at 4:30 pm - we had a 10:00 pm flight so no problem. Remember - ships, like planes, trains,and buses can be late. We never book a morning flight.

San Pedro can be known for VERY slow disembarkation because of Customs. Even if you debark at 8:30, you'd have a tough time making an early flight, and I wouldn't count on leaving that early, even with suite perks.

Archived