I have an moral ethical issue

Dog Drool

Exactly what I was thinking, I don't care if you get on the plane before I do.

Kirk

Of course people with children or any sort of impairment are welcome to board before me -- but there has to be some reality -- with so many people over-doing their carry-ons to avoid checked baggage charges, people who board last usually have no place to store their carry-on - except under their feet. I've been on flights where the overheads were filled before the last twenty or so boarded.

Of course people with children or any sort of impairment are welcome to board before me -- but there has to be some reality -- with so many people over-doing their carry-ons to avoid checked baggage charges, people who board last usually have no place to store their carry-on - except under their feet. I've been on flights where the overheads were filled before the last twenty or so boarded.

The gate staff really need to watch this. I see so many people with more than the "allowed" number of bags or with oversized bags, and nobody stops them.

My other pet peeve is the people who sit at the back, but put their carry-on in a front bin to avoid having to carry it to the back. I've walked past rows of empty seats on the way to my seat, and seen nearly full overheads. So does that stuff belong to, the Invisble Man????

Well, you asked for the morality/ethics police, so here goes.

If you are likely to need this device on the cruise, you should bring it.

If it would be difficult/impossible to pack, you should carry it on.

If it would be difficult/impossible to carry on you should wear it.

If you are wearing it but not having a mobility issue, if they offer you priority boarding, you should decline.

If the simple act of wearing it *causes* you a mobility issue, then you could take priority boarding.

(of course, if you awaken that morning and you are having a mobility issue, you should wear it and, if needed, take priority boarding.)

IMHO, if I needed something that was going to cause me a mobility issue to wear, I would give a little more effort to pack it or carry it on. I can't envision a knee brace that couldn't be put in a duffle bag that I could carry on and access in short order if I needed it.

I plan on taking the brace If I leave it at home I will need it if I bring it it will stay in the closet.

Wearing it will cause mobility issues Need to lock and un lock the hinges to sit and stand. also less able to handle bumping into people. If I have it on I will take early board on the plane not so on the cruise not the crush of people as on the plane

If I can pack it I will but also trying to keep the weight and volume of luggage down .

Security at my home airport is not bad small regional airport now FFL is a total different story.

Thats for all the feed back.

I probably shouldn't write this, but 10 years ago I wore a 'walking boot'

(sprain) into the airport. The airline rep at the Gate Desk took one look

and upgraded me to first class and had me board first.

Honestly I was in no pain, just walked slow...told them that.

I thanked them.

So....ahhhh...I know what you are thinking....just wear the boot

for every flight!

Nope, never have done that.

:cool:

Archived