Serenade of the Seas B2B June 20-July 4: My Diary

Jane,

No we are not going to be able to do a back to back, but we will stay in San Juan for two extra days. My DH will retire next year, so we hope we can do them soon!!

We also stayed at the Caribe (in 2007) and had a wonderful time. My husband wanted to take me somewhere after the death of my sister (my only sibling).

I enjoyed all the restaurants, pool areas and beach. It was lovely and enjoyed seeing all the pics of the stars of the past who stayed there. We stayed 5 nights and will go again in the future...

Great review and thanks for the beach info. We will certainly use it for our cruise on the Serenade Sept 5. We sailed on her last year and loved it and couldn't decide which cruise to do for our 30th anniversary. We settled on it today and we are excited...she is a wonderful ship!!

Catty, have you signed up for the Meet and Mingle? We are on that cruise too on September 5th. Check out the roll call for our sailing. Looking forward to meeting you!

Jane,

Good to hear John's surgery went well and Cathy and I hope his results are in the "Super" category. For those trips to Orient Beach, guys need maximum vision!

Howard

LOL!!!!!! :D :D

Thanks, Howard!

Activity on Orient Beach may have been how he damaged his eye!!!!!

Edited by max'smom

Catty, have you signed up for the Meet and Mingle? We are on that cruise too on September 5th. Check out the roll call for our sailing. Looking forward to meeting you!

By all means.....chat on your roll call and go to the M&M. Many times we have clicked with one or two folks and it made a huge difference in our cruise experience. We remain good friends with quite a number of our fellow CC'ers. BTW....Kathy and Frank....where are you!!??

LOL!!!!!! :D :D

Thanks' date=' [b']Howard![/b]

Activity on Orient Beach may have been how he damaged his eye!!!!!

Wear really dark wrap around sunglasses so the targets can't see you checking them out.:cool:

Andy and Cheryl's (Baywatch)

2363120140096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

Good one' date=' [b']Dave![/b] He got some really "cool" wrap arounds today at the Dr.'s office!!

Good to hear that the procedure worked and DH is getting back to normal.

We were in Florida for 26 days in June, including the Solstice cruise, seeing many clients down there, and hitting the theme parks and Daytona; our first time there, went to the speedway and took the tour including the tram shuttling at the base of the banking at 20 mph instead of at 200 mph like the Nascar guys do. Never realized how narrow and vertical the banking is.:eek:

I came back to a pile of problems to be solved for clients and will shortly start setting up the web albums of the 1,200 pictures we took on the trip.

Eventually we will book this trip, same as the last two years, sign up after Turkey day and take what is open, and hope Promowave has decent specials for this trip. I can't believe all the E2s are gone, must be a hold or something. Lots of E1s and Ds available.

Good to hear that the procedure worked and DH is getting back to normal.

We were in Florida for 26 days in June, including the Solstice cruise, seeing many clients down there, and hitting the theme parks and Daytona; our first time there, went to the speedway and took the tour including the tram shuttling at the base of the banking at 20 mph instead of at 200 mph like the Nascar guys do. Never realized how narrow and vertical the banking is.:eek:

I came back to a pile of problems to be solved for clients and will shortly start setting up the web albums of the 1,200 pictures we took on the trip.

Eventually we will book this trip, same as the last two years, sign up after Turkey day and take what is open, and hope Promowave has decent specials for this trip. I can't believe all the E2s are gone, must be a hold or something. Lots of E1s and Ds available.

I lost track, this is the Serenade B2B thread, not the EX roll-call for Dec 2010, which is what I was talking about.:o

Dana,

Plan on signing up today. I forgot all about it until you mentioned it. Thanks, I look forward to meeting you too.

Great! I think that makes 20 for our sailing.... just need 5 more, I think!

Thanks so much for that great review. I had a vicarious experience which "should" last me until I have my B2B in a few weeks (on the Serenade). I just love reading a good review, and the more pictures the better (which you provided) !! Now I'm really psyched and more revved than ever.

Wow! That's a hard one. All the ones we went to on this trip were great. I guess I would have to say Eagle Beach on Aruba at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort. We were waited on there right at our chairs. The sand and the water were just perfect. It was a great day.

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2010297.jpg

285.jpg

290.jpg

Thank you soo much for the review! We are leaving in a few weeks for our fam cruise! To bad it rained all day in ST LUCIA,which AI were you going to do? We are planning on going to Accura beach in Barbados, Valley Church in Antigua, Orient beach in ST MARTEN ( my 21 yr old daughter will probally hate that, and my 19 yr old son will probally love it lol ) and we have booked the ATVs for ST CROIX. I have read that the beaches in ST LUCIA are not to good, so i was wondering which AI you had planned! Again thanks so much!

Thank you soo much for the review! We are leaving in a few weeks for our fam cruise! To bad it rained all day in ST LUCIA,which AI were you going to do? We are planning on going to Accura beach in Barbados, Valley Church in Antigua, Orient beach in ST MARTEN ( my 21 yr old daughter will probally hate that, and my 19 yr old son will probally love it lol ) and we have booked the ATVs for ST CROIX. I have read that the beaches in ST LUCIA are not to good, so i was wondering which AI you had planned! Again thanks so much!

Hey!

We always go to the Rendezvous. It's about a 7 minute taxi ride from the ship. It is all adult, which makes it nice and quiet and relaxing. The beach is OK, but there is a very nice pool with a swim up bar. We have enjoyed going here over the years.

AdventureoftheSeasJuly2007089.jpg

AdventureoftheSeasJuly2007091.jpg

AdventureoftheSeasJuly2007092.jpg

font].jpg

AdventureoftheSeasJuly2007097.jpg

Edited by max'smom

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are doing a B2B on the Serenade next April. And, although we have been to most of the islands before, I can't wait to go again. I loved all your beach pictures, and will dream about the beaches when it's -20 this winter in WI.

will dream about the beaches when it's -20 this winter in WI.

EEEWWW. :eek: How do people even do day-to-day things when it's that cold? :D We dream of beaches, and get whiney, even when it is the wintertime 40's here in CA. Thanks max'smom, I noted your beach recommendations for next May. :D:):D

EEEWWW. :eek: How do people even do day-to-day things when it's that cold? :D We dream of beaches, and get whiney, even when it is the wintertime 40's here in CA. Thanks max'smom, I noted your beach recommendations for next May. :D:):D

Are you suggesting MORE people should move to California to enjoy the weather? :D

Are you suggesting MORE people should move to California to enjoy the weather? :D

Nooooooo. :D But I can't even imagine it being that cold. :eek: My job/work is outside year round. How could you even go to the grocery store when it's that cold? I understand why Caribbean cruises are popular during "Wave" season. But it just boggles the mind, that it could be that cold and you still have to do daily activities. :D:):D

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are doing a B2B on the Serenade next April. And, although we have been to most of the islands before, I can't wait to go again. I loved all your beach pictures, and will dream about the beaches when it's -20 this winter in WI.

Great! You can't go wrong with any of those beaches!!! Hope your winter is not too bad!!! It's so hot here right now, I can't even imagine a winter like you have!