Teen activities/compass on Indy

Morning all,

My DD was a "Voyager" on Freedom (9-11 in Adventure Ocean), and got a great Cruise Compass aimed at her age group. There were scheduled activities all day for that age group, but I'm wondering what the activities for the next group up are like? She will be in the 12-14 group on Indy next year - anyone know if activities for that age group are still scheduled, as opposed to just hanging out in the teen area?

Also, if anyone happens to know where I might find a Compass for that age group, that would be great!

Any help gratefully appreciated!

I didn't save the daily teen compasses, but here's the teens flyer that they handed out at the start of our June cruise on Liberty. There are a lot more daily activities than what this flyer would suggest. My advice is to have them go to the Living Room (force them if you have to) on the first night for the get together event. That's when groups of kids form into a pack that ends up doing a lot of things together during the week. The can always decide afterward that the get togeather was "lame", and they've only wasted an hour or so.

Top-1.jpg

Top-2.jpg

Top-3.jpg

Top-4.jpg

If you can find one of cruisinmama6 posts, she has a link in her sig with a lot of compasses in it. Most of the ships do similar activities within each group so paying attention to the age range is more critical than the ship.

If you can find one of cruisinmama6 posts, she has a link in her sig with a lot of compasses in it. Most of the ships do similar activities within each group so paying attention to the age range is more critical than the ship.

Thanks akcruz; I thought cruisinmama06's DDs were younger than my DD so hadn't thought to look at her links, but you were right - there's a teen compass there! She's a mine of info! :)

What worried me slightly is that I know on some cruises, RCI combine the two teen groups so that there's just one group of 12-17 yr olds. I'm not sure my DD would like that very much; at 12 she'll probably be pretty intimidated by some of the older ones. I wonder if they do that during school term-time only? We're going during summer holidays.

My daughters were 12 and 14 when we cruised, and they were separate from the older teens. They said that there were a couple of 15 year olds in their group who had younger siblings in the 12-14 range and wanted to hang out together. They needed to get an exception from Royal somehow to do this. Royal checked my DDs' seapasses when they went into Fuel (the teen dance area), so I think that Royal is fairly strict about keeping the age groups separate for the 12-14 specific activities.

If you're travelling during the summer, I'd guess that the odds are pretty good that you'll have a decent sized 12-14 group.

My daughters were 12 and 14 when we cruised, and they were separate from the older teens. They said that there were a couple of 15 year olds in their group who had younger siblings in the 12-14 range and wanted to hang out together. They needed to get an exception from Royal somehow to do this. Royal checked my DDs' seapasses when they went into Fuel (the teen dance area), so I think that Royal is fairly strict about keeping the age groups separate for the 12-14 specific activities.

If you're travelling during the summer, I'd guess that the odds are pretty good that you'll have a decent sized 12-14 group.

Great! Thank you so much! :):)

Archived