Can "Freedom" class ships fit into Port Liberty?

I heard again after sailing last week on "Explorer" to Bermuda that "Explorer" is only in Cap Liberty through 2012. No one has any idea what will replace it. Can a "Freedom" class ship fit the Cape Liberty terminal? Based on what I saw it can but don't know for sure. I am DYING to know what is coming to Cape Liberty. It better be "Explorer" size or bigger. Anyone know anything thanks JC

What i was told on my last cruise by a crew member it could be freedom or independence but it not for sure yet becouse the liberty was gonna come to cape liberty but not they goona liberty to barcolna,it will be the nice to see a freedom class ship in cape liberty i dont have to fly

Hmm... which bigger ship? Freedom is committed to Port Canaveral for the foreseeable future -- and Liberty and Independence are committed to summers in Europe for the foreseeable future...

Maybe the big ships won't meet their numbers in Europe... maybe. :rolleyes:

Hmm... which bigger ship? Freedom is committed to Port Canaveral for the foreseeable future -- and Liberty and Independence are committed to summers in Europe for the foreseeable future...

Maybe the big ships won't meet their numbers in Europe... maybe. :rolleyes:

who knows we just have to wait to see what ship will come to cape liberty,it might be the freedom becouse i had read some place on cruise critic that freedom has a three years contract at port canaverl,let see what happens

who knows we just have to wait to see what ship will come to cape liberty,it might be the freedom becouse i had read some place on cruise critic that freedom has a three years contract at port canaverl,let see what happens

Nooooooo! We love having the Freedom at PC. Went on her last month and are booked on her next year again. By all means, please take the Indy or Liberty. :)

After checking out the Celebrity Solstice I want to try that ship. Its beautiful and just slightly smaller than Explorer. Question for you guys. If you sail on Celebrity does it count towards your "Crown and Anchor" program on RCCL? I really want to move up to platnum as quickly as possible and hopefully at some point get to Diamond status. Thanks JC

After checking out the Celebrity Solstice I want to try that ship. Its beautiful and just slightly smaller than Explorer. Question for you guys. If you sail on Celebrity does it count towards your "Crown and Anchor" program on RCCL? I really want to move up to platnum as quickly as possible and hopefully at some point get to Diamond status. Thanks JC

No it does not count..they are 2 seperate accounts. However once you are Diamond on C&A it is equal to the same level on Celebrity. So if you cruise on a RCI ship the points only count in C&A, if you cruise on a Celebrity ship the points only count on that program.

No it does not count..they are 2 seperate accounts. However once you are Diamond on C&A it is equal to the same level on Celebrity. So if you cruise on a RCI ship the points only count in C&A, if you cruise on a Celebrity ship the points only count on that program.

Actually, once you're platinum on C&A you become the equivalent on Celebrity. But yes, like you said, you cant cruise on one and gain points on the other. Which completely SUCKS because I think you CAN with Celebrity/Azamara. :(

Actually, once you're platinum on C&A you become the equivalent on Celebrity. But yes, like you said, you cant cruise on one and gain points on the other. Which completely SUCKS because I think you CAN with Celebrity/Azamara. :(

I am not quite sure what you think you are saying, amybeth.

Each line honors the equivalent level on the other: Platinum equates to Select and Diamond equates to Elite.

If you are that level on RC/Celebrity, then Celebrity/RC recognizes that on your cruise.

But the cruise credits don't combine. You can never be D+ on RC except by accumulating 24 Royal Caribbean cruise credits.

I think that it just hit me - are you saying that cruise credits on Azamara cruises and Celebrity cruises DO add up together? Then, yes, that is correct.

Those two are not considered different cruise lines; Celebrity calls Azamara a "division" of Celebrity Cruises.

And that is stopping at the end of this year. After 12/31/10, Azamara and Celebrity loyalty clubs (Celebrity = Captain's Club; Azamara = Le Club Voyage) will be completely separate, and NOT combine credits any longer.

:)

Each line honors the equivalent level on the other: Platinum equates to Select and Diamond equates to Elite.

If you are that level on RC/Celebrity, then Celebrity/RC recognizes that on your cruise.

But the cruise credits don't combine. You can never be D+ on RC except by accumulating 24 Royal Caribbean cruise credits.

I think that it just hit me - are you saying that cruise credits on Azamara cruises and Celebrity cruises DO add up together? Then, yes, that is correct.

Those two are not considered different cruise lines; Celebrity calls Azamara a "division" of Celebrity Cruises.

And that is stopping at the end of this year. After 12/31/10, Azamara and Celebrity loyalty clubs (Celebrity = Captain's Club; Azamara = Le Club Voyage) will be completely separate, and NOT combine credits any longer.

Scuba, what I was saying was...someone above said that if you're gold on RCCL, then you're the equivalent on Celebrity, but I could swear that I read it really only starts mattering if you're platinum on RCCL, which equals select on RCCL.

Then I basically said that if you go back and forth between RCCL and Celebrity, your points don't add up on each cruise...if you have four credits on RCCL and then cruise on Celebrity, you don't become platinum on RCCL. However, if you do that between Celebrity and Azamara, it WOULD count.

Except for what you just said, which it won't count after Dec. 31.

:) I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough. It's 4am in NY and I just came home from a party where I had a few gin & tonics and really should go to bed, haha.

Scuba, what I was saying was...someone above said that if you're gold on RCCL, then you're the equivalent on Celebrity, but I could swear that I read it really only starts mattering if you're platinum on RCCL, which equals select on Celebrity.

Then I basically said that if you go back and forth between RCCL and Celebrity, your points don't add up on each cruise...if you have four credits on RCCL and then cruise on Celebrity, you don't become platinum on RCCL. However, if you do that between Celebrity and Azamara, it WOULD count.

Except for what you just said, which it won't count after Dec. 31.

:) I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough. It's 4am in NY and I just came home from a party where I had a few gin & tonics and really should go to bed, haha.

Am I crazy or is Celebrity cruises way more expensive than RCCL? Also I'm looking up Celebrity Silhouette cruises and they are all 12 days. Do they not do 9 or 10 day cruises? They just seems really,really expensive? Thanks again JC

Thanks for the info. I really want to try the Celebrity Silhouette when it comes here. Looks like a really pretty ship. We will give it a try when it starts out of NJ. JC

We like going out of NJ also as we can drive there...we do Solstice in April, hoping we like it...and yes will most likely do Sihouette when it arrives. Last time we were on Explorer the Capt said Freedom woudlnt be coming to NJ anytime soon, he said there was nothing in the works for that (this was April of this year) He statedd that it takes a lot of planning to "change ships". However one can only hope as we have done Freedom twice and love her....

Am I crazy or is Celebrity cruises way more expensive than RCCL? Also I'm looking up Celebrity Silhouette cruises and they are all 12 days. Do they not do 9 or 10 day cruises? They just seems really,really expensive? Thanks again JC

I believe Celebrity is RCI's more upscale sibling? Same for Carnival/Princess?

We have sailed RCCL 4 times and will be on Serenade in September, which will qualify us for C&A Platinum. We also cruised this year on Celebrity Solstice, but that cruise will not give us the next level. Once we complete our 5th RCCL cruise in September, we can cruise Celebrity at the Elite level.

We were in Aqua Class on Solstice, which gives you all the same in-room amenities as Concierge Class(just no entrance to the CL). The absolute best thing about AQ was the dedicated dining room called Blu. DH and I really have enjoyed our meals and selections on all our RCCL cruises, but there is absolutely NO comparison--the food on Soltice included some of the best food I've ever had! The last sea day included a gorgeous buffet brunch in the MDR with all the beautifully carved and decorated foods. It was fabulous!.

In terms of expense, veranda cabins start at $799, with AQ usually $100-$200 more. We got a late April AQ cabin for $899 plus tax. The entertainment is definitely better and more varied on RCCL, especially the bigger ships, but I will definitely cruise a Solstice ship again.

Archived